27 • Isn't That Dr Connors? ✓

Chapter 27: Isn't That Dr Connors?

To: Lyd
where you at sista

From: Lyd
About to see Ms Morrell for our session that mom's making me go too. 😒

To: Lyd
the school counsellor? I'll be waiting outsidee

From: Lyd
What? Why?

To: Lyd
quality sister time, duh. don't question me. 💁

From: Lyd
Fine.

Huffing at her blunt response I put my phone back in my bag and start making my way over to Ms Morrell's office.

I have only been there once and that was when I was going through some pretty tough times. I was crying all the time, hiding out in my room and avoiding everyone who tried to talk to me.

This was way back when The Jonas Brothers decided to go off and have solo careers.

Sad times.

I mean, of course my mom didn't know that was what I was upset about. When she did find out though I was called a drama queen, she just didn't understand.

I probably need counselling now to be honest but Ms Morrell always creeped me out, she just seemed to know so much more than she lets on about anything.

I remember thinking that she was the one who made the Jonas Brothers go solo, but then I realised that I was being an idiot.

I see the office just in front of me and I take a seat outside of the door, sending a quick text to Stiles saying that I was already on Lydia watch.

From: Stiletto
Meet outside the library when shes done.

Comparing the problems I had when I was younger is something I probably shouldn't do, but it does make you realise how much has changed.

When I was five I didn't get the limited edition barbie I wanted, now I hang out with werewolves.

And when I was seven I nearly shaved my hair off, thinking it would grow back ginger so I could look like Lydia, now I know that I'm adopted.

Then to top it off, when I was younger and firing gum balls at the back of peoples heads I didn't realise that I would literally get shot with a real gun when I was older.

The irony is actually unreal there.

"Psst."

I flinched at the sound of a voice next to me, putting my hand on my chest to calm myself down I whipped my head around to see a boy sat next to me.

When did he get there? Is everyone in this school just insanely quiet?

"What?"

"You're uh, you're sitting on my coat." He said, signalling to where I was sitting.

"Huh?" I sit up and blindly reached under my seat.

My hand grabbed onto his coat and I picked it up, handing it over as I smile sheepishly at him, "Sorry, didn't even see it."

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Its fine, really."

I studied his face, I have definitely seen him around before but he has always been very quiet. Not the person to engage in a conversation with the person sitting on your coat.