08 • Pinkie Swear? ✓

Chapter 08: Pinkie Swear?

"So, when are we doing our movie night?" 

Allison's footsteps falter in the hall at my question. "Uh... I can't do tonight me and Scott are studying but I'm free tomorrow night?" Hold up, her and Scott are 'studying' tonight?

"Oh that's so cute, but you're not studying." Lydia joins in, she gets it.

"Yeah we are, we are just studying." Oh poor, naive little Allison.

"Just studying never ends in 'just studying.'" Lydia says making quote marks with her hands to emphasise her point. "It's like getting into hot tub, somebody eventually cops a feel."

"So, what are you saying?" Allison asks, now looking completely lost with her plans.

"I'm just saying, you know, make sure he covers up." Lydia answers her. But by the look on Alli's face I'm guessing she still doesn't understand what Lydia is going on about. "Hello, Snow White!"

I chuckle slightly looking between the two, then shoot Allison a sympathetic look. "She is talking about a condom. Even if she does have a weird way of putting it."

"Are you kidding? After one date?" Allison asks looking between us with wide eyes.

Lydia scoffs. "Don't be a total prude. Give him a little taste."

I really, really wish I wasn't here for this conversation.

"Well I - I mean, how much is a little taste?" Allison sputters. 

"Oh god, you really like him don't you?" Lydia asks her.

"Well - He's just different. When I first moved here, I had a plan - no boyfriends till college. I just move too much. But - Then I met him, and - He was different. I - I don't know. Can't explain it."

"I can explain it."I pipe up, Allison looks at me questioningly. "Uh huh, love. Young adorable love between Allicat and the Puppy. It's cute, it really is."

She playfully punches me in the shoulder. "Shut up, you're not helping."

"Who said I was helping?" I laugh at her and pull both Lydia and Allison towards our lesson until Lydia stops me just before we walk in.

"Don't hate me." She says. Well that's a great start.

I frown at her, pointing my finger in her face. "It depends what you don't want me hating you for..." 

She bats my hand away, "I can't take you home after school, there is this thing with Jackson and I'm pretty sure you will not want to be there." She adds the last part with a smirk. 

I scrunch my face up in disgust, "Yep, I do not wanna be there. It's fine I can see if someone, anyone will give me a lift. I don't feel like walking again today." I sigh and walk back into the classroom, taking my seat by the window and write down the notes from the board.

Walking back would mean potentially freaking myself out and end up running to my front door again, giving my mom even more of a reason to think of me as the crazy daughter. I wish she saw Lydia the way I do. 

But then that gets me thinking, who do I know that owns a car and wont be all creepy? Hm. I look around the classroom and see Stiles, he has a car right?

I rip a piece of paper from my notepad and write down; 

Could I ask a teeny favour? Lydia can't be my ride home and I dont feel like walking it today, can you give me a lift back? - Mia