17 • Roadside Piggybacks ✓

Chapter 17: Roadside Piggybacks

"Hey maybe I could hang out with your mom?"

"No."

"Allison's mom?"

"No, don't even think about that one."

"Wonder if the Sheriff is free..."

"Working."

"Derek?"

"I have no idea where he is so no." Scott sighed, "You have to go home, just talk to your mom Mia, you can't ignore this."

"It's worth a try though, right?" I asked with the hopes of avoiding home while resting my chin on his shoulder.

He has literally carried me for about twenty minutes, I want off but he insisted that carrying me will cheer me up. I managed to bargain from hanging upside down on his shoulder to a piggyback which is a lot comfier if I'm honest.

I don't hold a grudge against Scott anymore, he has actually proved to be a nice person despite his douche full moon alter ego.

"So how was staying at Stiles' house?" Scott wondered.

"Um... It was, ok..."

"I know what happened, Stiles told me how he feels so now its your turn." Scott said, readjusting me on his back so he could walk and talk to me easier.

Wait a second.

The little shit.

"What?! But you said all he said was about the hospital thing, freaking liar!" I slapped the back of his head.

"Only to avoid the awkward tension, but now is as good of a time as any." He shrugged making me almost fall. Jerk. "So how do you feel?"

"Pfft, I don't feel anything. I'm like an emotionless robot lately." Which is totally a lie, I swear I have felt nearly every emotion known to man lately.

"And the truth?"

"Wha- no." I started but Scott's grip on my legs started to loosen and I was slowly falling backwards. I wrapped my arms around his neck with the biggest grip I could muster. "Fine fine, dick move McCall. Impending ass pain inflicted by concrete is a big issue, you don't joke about that."

"I'm sorry," He laughed before regaining his seriousness, "Seriously, just tell me. I can be the middle man who can knock some sense into you two."

"I don't need any sense knocked into anything." I muttered. "But, I guess you are talking about the kiss right?" I asked Scott to which he nodded. "Then yeah... I mean it was a good kiss I guess, but then this morning Stiles poured his adorable heart out to me and I feel like such a bitch because he likes me, like actually like likes me and I don't know, I just can't have feelings for someone I have only known for a small while its ridiculous."

"Alright..." He nodded, processing the information. "How about this, I ask you questions, you answer them then I just listen to your heartbeat to see if you are lying to yourself, and me."

"That is so creepy." I shuddered. "But fine," I waved my hand dismissively. "Ask away Scottio."

"You like Stiles as a friend, right?" He asked.

"Yep."

"Do you like being around him?"

"Yeah, or I wouldn't hang around with you guys would I." I laughed.

"Do you ever see yourself giving Stiles a chance?" Scott asked, obviously hopeful for his best friend.

But do I see myself giving Stiles a chance in the future?