15 • I'm Here ✓

Chapter 15: I'm Here

"Can I please go home now?" I begged the doctor for the hundredth time.

"Not until the nurse wraps your wrist up, now if you will excuse me I have somewhere else to be." The asshole doctor replied, why can't he just wrap my wrist up himself then I could be on my merry way home.

The doctor left the room leaving me sat on the very uncomfortable chair while I waited for the nurse, I awkwardly shuffled to the side so I could pull my phone out of my back pocket with my good hand so I could play some crappy re-make of Flappy Bird but before I could even start the nurse came rushing in.

She quickly walked in and slammed the door behind her whilst peeking out the window, I raised an eyebrow at her strange behaviour before putting my phone back down. I stared at the red-headed nurse for a few more seconds before coughing obnoxiously to gain her attention.

She slowly turned around and plastered a fake-ass smile on her face before walking over to the side and grabbing some bandages and other medical things from the cabinets.

"So," She coughed. "How did you do it?" She questioned, glancing over her shoulder while still grabbing things from the cabinet. Doesn't she only need bandages? Eh, what do I know.

"Some jerk made a folder avalanche while I was in the line of fire, and voilà." I gestured to my wrist.

She nodded before turning around and sitting in front of me and grabbing a hold of my wrist without even asking.

"How did you get these?" She inquired while looking at the bruises Scott had given me the other day, they were disappearing but slowly and now this freaking nurse is probably thinking something weird is up.

"Uh... I... uh, jogging." I lied.

"Jogging?" She tilted her head and looked at me, alright well she is creeping me out.

"Yep. Jogging." I nodded.

"Well these look like hand-prints to me, strong ones too..."

"What can I say, jogging is tough. I go hardcore jogging, you know? Like in the mud, trees, bushes. It's a great workout, I saw it on some health exercise website and I thought 'wow, that sounds so fun.' Because, well, If you knew me then you would know I am such a health nut." I rambled, oh god I really need to shut the hell up.

She nodded, not seeming convinced in the slightest.

The entire time the was wrapping up my wrist was the most uncomfortable and awkward silence I have ever had to endure, so when she had finally finished I had to put all of my effort into not doing a happy dance.

As soon as she finished my wrist I jumped out of my place on the bed and was ready to sprint out of the door but her voice stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?"

I slowly turned around and jerked my thumb in the direction of the door. "Out of here?"

"But there's someone who needs to see you."

"Who? Like a doctor?" I asked, still ready to leg it out of the room. This nurse was creeping the hell out of me, she just has a creepy aura about her.

"No, silly. Just a friend of mine, he really wants to meet you." She said while walking closer.

"Tell him I'm busy, I really gotta go, big emergency and my friends need me and they might blow up without me." I laughed nervously trying to make the lie sound more casual, but I have a feeling that it didn't work.

She tutted, shaking her head. "I'm afraid I can't."

"What do you mean you can't?" I asked, dreading the answer.