10 • Getting To Know DerBear ✓

Chapter 10: Getting To Know DerBear

"We haven't had a girls night in a while..." Lydia says as she curls the bottoms of her hair, I'm just sat on the end of her bed not really listening but looking on a Zac Efron blog on tumblr.

"Mhm."

"How about tonight?" No answer. "Mia?" No answer. "Can you get off of my phone please?" She snapped as she grabbed her phone out of my hands.

"Sorry, I haven't checked Efron's abs in a while, it needed to be done. What were you saying?"

"I can't believe I have to repeat myself, I was saying, what about girls night tonight? We can bring Allison over."

"I can't tonight, I'm going over a friends house."

Stiles had told me that he was going to win the Star Wars battle once and for all, its admirable how dedicated he is to prove me wrong but literally none of the Star Wars movies beat Empire Strikes Back so he is fighting a loosing battle.

"What friend?" She asked as she turned away from the mirror, looking at me with a look of confusion. Wow, thanks Lyd am I not allowed to have other friends?

"Stiles."

"Who?"

"He literally visited yesterday... wears plaid a lot, got a buzz-cut, hangs around with Scott?"

"No idea who you are talking about. But a guy huh?"

"Seriously? Can't a girl be friends with a guy without people making assumptions." I frown. What has society come too.

"No, no they can't."

"Ugh, people like you make me sick Lyd." I stand up dramatically and point an accusing finger at her. "What next, can girls not sit next to boys without people thinking a little something something is happening under the table? Will this lead to separate boy girl classes? Then will that lead to separate schools entirely, then possible towns?! Lydia can't you see what you are doing?!" I try my hardest to keep a straight face but my laugh is showing through my words dammit. "You are ruining America!" I huff and storm out of the room, I can practically see Lydia rolling her eyes and I'm not even in the room any more.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!"

"NO I'M NOT! YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Silence. Ha. I win. Mia 1, Lydia 0.

🌑

Taking my seat in class I see Stiles take the one next to me, he offers me a small wave which I return. Scott takes the seat behind him, looking agitated, I'm guessing that Stiles is still not talking to Scott by the pissed off look on Stiles' face.

"Mia can you please ask Stiles to talk to me?" Scott pleads.

I look at him wide eyed, seeing Stiles glance at me waiting for my reaction. "Uh, no. I am not getting in the middle of this. You guys have the problem here not me. I'm the middle man. No no no, wait. I will be middle Mia." I see Stiles smirk and Scott sigh in defeat. I turn back around in my seat, facing the front but still listening to their conversation in case I need to break up their little spat or something.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asks him.

Nothing.

"Okay, can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage"? Nothin' that big -"

Nothing again.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

Still nothing, Stiles really takes this not talking thing serious. I'm envious there is no way I could last that long without talking.