13 • Breaking The Girl Code ✓

Chapter 13: Breaking The Girl Code

"I'm in the business of misery, lets take it from the top. She's got a body like an hourglass, its ticking like a clock. Its a matter of time before we all run out. When I thought he was mine, she caught him by the mouth." I sang, amazingly bad, whilst curling my hair.

With everything that's happened lately I feel like I am really starting to get lazy. I don't bother with doing my hair any more, I just leave it down so its straight or just bung it up into a ponytail.

Also, I don't spend as much time as I would like too with people who aren't involved with the supernatural drama here. But everyone is busy and its making me want to personally punch the alpha douche in the face for making things difficult.

I try hanging with Lydia around the house more but she just brushes me off, ever since that night in the school she has been practically ignoring me. We say hello walking past each other but when I try and strike a conversation she makes up a stupid excuse thinking I wont notice, but I do, and it hurts. I just wish she would tell me what her problem is for crying out loud.

Then there's Allison, she tells me she wants to meet up but when I ask when she says she is busy, her aunt wants quality time or something, plus her dad has been super protective after all of the alpha attacks so its hard for her to get out.

And Danny, oh sweet dear old Danny. When I ask to meet up with him, he flat out told me that and I quote 'there's a hot guy I am meeting with, if you are there you will ruin it.' People around here really need to be reminded about sisters before misters.

A knock at the door disrupted me from my surprisingly deep thoughts, huh, who knew I could do that?

"Come in!" I shout to whoever is on the other side of the door.

The door opens slightly, revealing my mom popping her head into the room before fully walking in and over to sit on the end of my bed.

"Okay, so I am going to tell you exactly what I said to Lydia." She started, before looking at me with a sad smile. "You don't have to go in to school today, you know that right? You went through a traumatic event at the school, they will understand if you take some time off to clear your head."

"Mom, seriously I am fine. You know how I roll, power through it and face things head on. I know its not ideal but hey," I shrug, "Its practical. And I bet if I was in the room with Lydia when you spoke to her she said the same thing."

My mom smiled a little. "Yeah, yeah she did. God, how did you two grow up so strong? I am so proud of you girls."

"Thanks mom, but this is cheesy as hell. So lets just hug it out yeah?" I ask her with a chuckle and walk over to her and pulling her into a hug.

"I love you." She tells me.

"I love you too mom."

🌑

Walking down the school hallways on my own with my books clutched closely to my chest, I sigh and wonder what the hell is up Lydia's ass. She literally ditched me, I don't mean like the type of ditching where she leaves without telling me. Oh, no. I mean the type of ditching where as soon as I am about to open the door of her car she pulls out of the driveway and leaves me standing there opening and closing my mouth like a fish. 

Luckily my mom was still home otherwise I would have been screwed. I mean, yeah I am very late because I made her drive us to McDonald's but still, I'm no where near as screwed as I would have been if I didn't arrive.

Also, Allison hasn't replied to my texts today so I couldn't ask her for a lift. And I am guessing she is with Lydia so that either means she has joined the ignore Mia train or just doesn't have her phone, I am really hoping its the second one.