[Chapter 27] Titles Are Spoilers So No

||I apologize for the wait, dears! I haven't been feeling so well about myself. ||

Sollux whimpered in pain. He could barely see anymore. He was falling in and out of consciousness repeatedly. They had hit his head so many times, he was scared of falling asleep and possibly dying. He forced himself to stay awake.

The boys had left him again. He could tell the sun was going down. The orange light shone through the small window, causing him to feel even more tired.

Just before he was about to allow himself to sleep, the door flew open with a loud noise. He curled up even more, afraid of another beating.

"Please.....N-No more!"

He looked up to see the one sight that he never wanted to see in his life.

Karkat, beat up and bruised. His face was barely visible, but Sollux could see the tears shining from the sunlight.

Karkat ran over to him, a soft pant in his breath. He began crying again.

"Oh fuck, Sollux, I'm so sorry. T-This is all my fault...I'm so sorry.." He untied Sollux and pulled him into his arms. Small tears dropped onto Sollux's shirt as Karkat leaned over him.

Sollux, barely able to speak, smiled at Karkat. With a shaky hand, he caressed Karkat's cheek.

"H-Hey c-cutie...crab.." His raspy voice shook. Karkat's heart felt like breaking. The sound of Sollux in so much pain killed him.

"S-Sollux..I-It's gonna be okay, a-alright? Yeah, we're gonna be okay. I-I'm gonna get you to the hospital, and then we're gonna get you all fixed up, okay?"

Tears quickly shed from Karkat. His voice began to crack. "A-And we're gonna get out of here. W-We're gonna run away to a new place. Somewhere where no one can hurt us. I-I promise..."

He had already called the ambulance. They were on their way. But they weren't coming fast enough.

Sollux let out a breathless cough. He could barely breathe. They had damaged his throat badly.

"K-Karkat...I-I want you to know...t-that I'm sorry for dragging you into my life..." He blinked slowly. Karkat could see him falling in and out again. He shook Sollux's shoulders.

"S-Stay with me Sollux. Please...I-I'd rather have gone through this hell with you than have the life of a millionaire with everything at my fingertips. I'd rather die the most painful death than to have never met you. I love you, Sollux Captor. And one day I'm going to fucking marry you. We're going to have the best life. I swear to fucking god, we will."

Karkat pulled Sollux closer to him, whispering more sweet things into his ear. It made Sollux smile softly. "I-I love you too, Karkat Vantas.."

Karkat could hear an ambulance in the distance. A small sigh of relief came from him.

Suddenly, Sollux wasn't talking. His breathing was faint. Barely audible. The only thing moving was his chest.

"N-No....S-Sollux! Sollux please, no!"

Karkat began to shake. He was screaming. This couldn't be happening. Not to him.

His world, the very thing that kept him going day and night, the thing that he looked forward to whenever he woke up each and every morning, his lover, his savior, his everything....

Is dead.

||Tbh I cried writing this. Also, more chapters are coming so don't run away just yet!||