[Chapter 4] Is It Love?

Sorry about the length! I had actually written this when my wifi wasn't on for a month. But it's finally up! Woo!

"Kankri! Where the hell's my 'My Chemical Quadrants' shirt?" Karkat shouted as he rummaged through his dresser.

"Language!" Kankri sang as he put his books back into his bag.

Karkat rolled his eyes. "Here it is!" He said, pulling it off of his nightstand. He put it on, along with his grey skinny jeans and his bright red Chuck Taylor's. He put his grey beanie on. He grabbed his black and red striped jacket and headed into the kitchen. As he grabbed his backpack, he saw Kankri.

"Woah.." He whispered, looking him over. Kankri had completely changed his style. Instead of his usual red sweater, khaki's, and almost dress-like shoes, he was wearing Chuck Taylor's, just like him, except black ones. He had on red skinny jeans and a grey T-shirt with a red crab on it. He had a black jacket in his arms as well.

"If I didn't know better I would've said you took those things from my closet." Karkat joked. Kankri just rolled his eyes.

"Does it look okay?" Kankri asked, looking a bit insecure of himself.

"Dude, you look awesome. I bet Cronus would like it." He teased. Suddenly, he heard the bus pull away. He jumped over to the window to see. Too late. "Fuck.." He mumbled.

"Do I need to wash your mouth out with soap?" Kankri teased, crossing his arms. Karkat groaned. "Relax, Karcrab." He joked. "I can take you to school." He said. Karkat sighed with relief. "Okay, okay. Thanks. I need to hurry though. I need to meet Sollux before class starts."

Kankri smirked. "Shut up." Karkat mumbled, heading out towards the car. Kankri just laughed as he threw on his jacket while grabbing his backpack and headed out right behind him.

Karkat rushed inside, ignoring everyone. Even the teachers who told him to slow down. He came across to his locker and looked around. He sighed. He was too late. "Dammit.." He mumbled. Suddenly he heard someone whistle, as if they've seen a girl they thought looked nice.

"Hey kk." said an unfamiliar, yet pretty recognizable voice. He turned around.

"Sollux?" He questioned, turning around. The other boy nodded.

Damn he was tall.

"Nithe outfit. Lookth good on you. ." He smirked, his lisp heard clearly. Karkat just stood there like a blushing idiot. Wait why the fuck was he blushing? Nevermind. Not important. He looked the other boy over. He was wearing black pants with a blue and red striped shirt on. He also had a yellow jacket on to match his yellow Chuck Taylor's as well. He looked hot. wait, what? He barely knows the kid. Dammit Karkat shut up.

"S-So..about my laptop?" He stuttered.

"Oh yeah. How about I come over to your plath tonight to take a look at it? Thound cool?" He asked. Karkat couldn't speak, so he just nodded. "Great. Here'th my number. Texth me your addreth later, okay?" He smiled. He nodded again. Sollux winked at him before strolling off to his class. Karkat stumbled off to his, trying to turn his cheeks back to their normal color.

Karkat sighed. It was getting kind of late and he was getting worried. What if Sollux stood him up? It wouldn't be a surprise. Kankri peeked his head through the door, knocking. "Hello Karkat. Is Sollux coming today?" He asked, smiling. Karkat grinned. "I sure hope so." He began frowning, checking the clock on his computer once again.

They actually had talked again for a while last night. Almost about whatever came to mind.

"Don't worry, he'll be here." He ruffled Karkat's hair. Kankri walked off into his bedroom, closing the door. Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. Karkat raced to answer. Before he did, he made sure he looked okay in the hall mirror. He opened the door to a grinning Sollux.

"Hey kk." He said. Karkat smiled. 'Act normal.' He thought to himself. 'Not like your dumbfuck self.'

"Come on in. My bedroom's this way." He said, pointing down the hallway. Sollux stepped inside. He had his backpack on, carrying it with one strap. He followed Karkat down the hall and into his room. He closed the door behind him.

"Woah. Nith room. You have a cool tatht in muthic." He smiled at him, referring to the poster's on his wall.

"Thanks." Karkat replied, shoving his hands in his pockets awkwardly. Sollux sat at Karkat's desk. He began typing on his laptop. Karkat sighed. He plopped down on his bed and stared at the ceiling.

After about 20 minutes, Karkat figured that he was getting nowhere with this quiet thing he was doing. Apparently, Sollux thought the same thing. It's funny how much harder it was to talk in person.

"Tho, KK." He started. "You have thome really cool thtuff on here." He smiled at him. Karkat smiled right back.

"Thanks. It's not really much, but whatever."

"I think it'th awethome." Something caught his eye all of a sudden."Hey come here real quick. What'th thith one file folder that thayth 'STAY OUT'?" He questioned. Karkat's eyes went wide. He jumped up.

"H-Hey! Don't open that!" He said, trying to fight him for the mouse.

"What?! What ith it? Ith it porn or thomething???" He asked, trying to fight right back.

"N-No! It's just really personal stuff!" He said, all of a sudden accidentally falling into Sollux's lap.

"Fuck sorry, I-" He stuttered as he tried to get up. Sollux began blushing.

"I-I-Uh- I-It wath my fault Kk. I'm thorry." He said, not really moving. Karkat finally raised himself up, blushing. Sollux stared at him for a moment, making the shorter boy's cheeks darker.

"Hey, kk?"

"Yeah?"

"Come here."

"Uh, wha-"

"Jutht come clother. I gotta tell you thomething."

Karkat inched closer, his heart pounding.

Sollux gently lifted Karkat's face up with two fingers. Their lips, centimeters apart.

Karkat allowed his eyes to flutter shut. Sollux pulled him in slowly, their lips finally meeting. The warmth of the kiss was enough to make anyone melt. Sollux pulled Karkat closer, getting the smaller boy to straddle him in the spinning chair without breaking the kiss. Sollux's hands lowered a little to low, and squeezed, making Karkat moan slightly. It embarrassed him, but it only made Sollux want more. He knew he had to restrain himself, however. Sollux bit Karkat's lip, making the small noise return. The kiss lasted for a while, until the two eventually ran out of breath.

"Wanna watch while I fixth your laptop?" He asked, breathing heavily. Karkat just nodded. He stood up, but Sollux just turned him around and pulled the smaller boy into his lap. Karkat glared at him, but still sat there, grinning to himself as Sollux wrapped his arm around him.