Hacking into my Hyper-linked Heart

©Copyright 2013

All rights reserved

(Edited by JessicaRide)

Prologue:

"Myra."

I rolled over in my bed, away from the source of noise.

"Myra."

"Go away." I muttered as I placed the pillow over my head.

Someone tried to yank the pillow away from my head, but I had a secure hold on it so they would give up and leave me alone. However, in turn, I had given up after a minute or two as I loosened the grip and looked up through my messy hair. I pushed my long blonde hair away from my face and glared up at my best friend.

"Sally, this better be good." I snapped at her.

I always felt moody and snappy when I did not get my full beauty sleep.

"Oooh you are so going to love this." She grabbed my hand and yanked me out of my bed which caused me to fall on my bottom.

"Oh sorry!" Sally said sheepishly. I just rolled my eyes, not wanting to speak 'cause of my lack of beauty sleep.

"Just get ready and meet me downstairs in fifteen." She said happily before running out of my room. I don't know why but I didn't like the sound of that at all.

I quickly got dressed and walked out of my room. I looked to the side, catching sight of my appearance through the hallway mirror. I grimaced at my messy blonde hair and sleep filled brown eyes.

"Myra." I heard Sally calling me from the kitchen.

I diverted my eyes from my reflection and made my way down. As soon as I entered the kitchen, Sally entrusted me with a bowl of cereal while saying, "Quickly eat this."

I looked at her, confused. "What's the rush?"

"Well, I have booked us in for a day of total makeover." She said excitedly.

I looked at her with my mouth wide open, "A w-what?" I stuttered.

I liked spending my time on my appearance but a whole day sounded like a nightmare. What did she mean makeover? If Sally had asked me this few months ago, I would have been jumping in joy but after thinking and re-thinking I'm not sure anymore.

"A makeover." She said innocently.

I put my head in my hands and groaned. "You know how much I hate makeovers."

Sally grabbed my hands and moved them away from my face, "Shush, you will love it." She smiled at me. I know when she gets an idea in her head she won't rest until we have implemented it; it is safer for me to agree before she gets into her annoying mode.

"Fine, let's get this over with." I sighed.

At that exact moment, my mother walked in with a bunch of white beautiful lilies. "Oooh did you tell her?" asked my mother in excitement as she took out a vase from one of the cupboards.

"Yes, about the makeover." I said with a bored tone.

"Oh, not that, about the online dating," she said happily.

I looked up at my mother shocked; my whole body seemed to freeze at the words that left my mother's mouth.

"Online dating?" I asked confused. I am sure I just imagined my mother saying that, it surely could not have happened in reality.

"Yeah the profile we made for you," answered my mother before leaving the room.

Online dating profile? For me? None of this was making sense to me.

I turned to look at Sally, she looked at me sheepishly before diverting eye contact. This is definitely Sally and my mother's handiwork. Before I could ask Sally about the online profile, my mother came back and placed the laptop in front of me. I looked at the screen, shocked. There I was on the screen, a picture taken a month ago before I graduated from university. This was reality; my imagination was not playing with my mind. I felt the anger bubbling up inside me, first the makeover and now th-this. They have taken this to a whole new level.

"Take this off, just take it off!" I hollered angrily gesturing to the profile.

"Sweetie, we're doing this for your benefit, you know how much we love you. But it's time you get yourself in a relationship," said my mother innocently.

"B-but I'm perfectly fine, I can find someone who I would like to be in a relationship with." I said slowly making sure it sunk into their heads.

"Honestly Myra, you have never been in a relationship and you're 22." Sally spoke up.

"Exactly, and I want grandchildren, if I wait around for you to get in a relationship, I will be long gone." My mother said nodding her head eagerly along with Sally's remark.

"I can't find anyone decent to get with." I defended myself when instantly an idea came to my mind; I could always agree to this nonsense and just delete my profile. I smiled at myself in happiness.

"Don't you dare think you can delete or ignore the profile, young lady." It felt like my mother read my mind. "Either Sally or I will be checking your progression every month."

I groaned "But what if some creep views my profile and starts to stalk me or sees me randomly on the street?" I cried out.

"That's where the makeover comes in," smiled Sally.

I looked at her confused; Sally rolled her eyes as she continued. "Well after the makeover, people will hardly recognise you. It will be the new 'you' like you always wanted after we graduated."

I looked at her confused. "You honestly have some messed up theories," I looked over to my mother who looked at me happily. I sighed, "Fine but on one condition. I want a different name and location; I don't want creepy guys stalking me." I said.

"B-but." My mother started.

"No, those are my conditions, take it or leave it," I said with a 'don't mess with me' tone.

"Okay," said Sally and my mother at the same time.

Sally started to change my name and the location. After she was done, Sally and I got ready to go out but before I could take a step I heard my mother's voice.

"Ooooooh, Myra you already got someone interested on your profile. Someone named Chris Chezny." I shut the door with a big bang not wanting to hear another word.