Chapter 24- A Beautiful Moment

(Edited)

The only thing on my mind was ...

His blue eyes

His soft wavy hair

His beautiful smile

But those didn't compare to the words he spoke to me. Those words made me change the way I think about him, he is nothing the way I believed he was when that little incident happened. I admit my senses were all over the place when he was so close to me and when we didn't kiss I felt like a fool but honestly I was the one who pushed him away. Yesterday night as he spoke to me it felt like everything went in a slow motion when I looked up at him. He stared back with concern written all over his face as he softly spoke those words to me. I realised at that moment why I was so worked up about the little situation, why I cared so much it's because I like him.

Yes I like Ethan Cole.

All my thoughts disappeared when I sniffed something burning, I looked down at what was supposed to be my pancake, all burnt. I rapidly switched the hob off and picked up my tea towel as I whipped it through the air to make sure the smoke didn't reach the smoke alarm cause that would cause a big hassle. I opened the window to let some air in when Sally walked in to the room, "What happened here?" She asked with amusement.

"Breakfast gone wrong." I replied trying to make a new batch of pancake.

"Forget this." Sally said as she took the bowl from my hand and put it away into the sink. "Let's go out for breakfast."

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"I'm paying."

"Why didn't you say that before? Let me get my shoes." I said running towards my room.

As soon as we settled down in our seats around a small brown table at the far dark corner of the café I dug into my pancakes. "Are you feeling better?" Asked Sally with concern.

"Yes why?"

"You know after everything happened yesterday."

"I'm fine." I assured her.

"Well Mr Cole left soon after you did." Sally mentioned innocently.

"Hmm, did he?" I asked.

"Yes I wonder why?"

"I wonder too." I said innocently.

"I cannot believe you are sitting there and lying to my face." Sally complained.

"What?" I asked.

Sally groaned in frustration and jumped in her seat with annoyance. "I saw you with Mr Cole last night."

"When?" I asked in shock.

"When he dropped you off, I saw you two through my window."

"Oh."

"Don't oh me! What happened? Tell me everything." She said eagerly as she crept closer to the table to listen to the gossip very intently.

"Do I have too?" I whined.

"Yes after I tried to help you last night. You owe me" Sally said smugly, she folded her arms across her chest and waited for me to talk.

I sighed heavily, "Fine."

***Previous Night***

I felt anger rush through my body as I raced down the stairs. At that moment I felt betrayed, I felt like everyone thought I was a big joke for believing in something so strong. I heard someone shout out my name but I ignored them, the only thing I was focusing on was where I was running to cause my vision was blurred with tears. After a short while I realised I haven't heard anyone shouting my name since the apartment so I slowed down as tears ran down my cheeks. I took a deep breath and decided to go to the one place I felt good; Urban woods. I ran as fast as I could to run away from the emotions I felt, I ran fast to get away from the thoughts that occupied my mind but most of all I ran fast to get away from the humiliation I was feeling. When I reached my destination I bent down as I held on to my knees and took deep breaths to calm my racing heart. I took my heels off and kicked them to a side as I walked to the edge of the cliff and sat down as I sobbed away my sorrows.