Chapter 13- Too Slow to Join The Dots

Chapter 13- Too Late to Join The Dots

(Edited)

"He messaged me," I whispered so quietly I thought maybe Sally never heard me.

"What has he written?" She asked with excitement. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down and clicked on the message. I read it out loud for Sally to hear my words;

Hello my darling, I am sorry for not getting back to you since the last time we talked (or more like typed) but I have been really busy with work. How are you? I hope you're not upset or mad at me for not replying?

From CC

"There you go, he had a perfectly good reason for not messaging you back and you were here depressed and over thinking everything," Sally said as she twirled her hair around her finger.

"I was not depressed or over thinking everything," I said innocently, looking at the screen and re-reading his response once again.

"Well are you going to write back or just stare at the screen?" Sally bumped her shoulder with mine.

"I am going to write". I stretched and curled my fingers continuously like I was ready to do some vigorous exercise. I simply didn't know what to write so this small stretch was supposed to help me think. I hovered my fingers on top of the keyboard waiting for my brain to signal for them to type.

"Good, well I'm going to start on dinner." She said as she got up to make her way to the kitchen.

I looked up at Sally in a daze as her words lingered in my head, "Make Pasta." Two words formed in my head and I blurted it out but I wasn't concentrating on that, I was too focused on what to write.

"Make it yourself." she retorted back.

 This caused me to snap back to reality. "What?" I asked, looking at her with my eyebrows knotted together in confusion.

"You said to make pasta and I said make it yourself." She spoke the words slowly like I lost my mind.

"Okay." I responded without any emotion.

"Are you okay?" She asked with concern. 

 "Yeah."

"You just get back to your lover boy and I'll whip up some pasta." She smiled at me.Her little comment made me response with annoyance, "He's not my lover boy."

"What is he then?" She asked with her eyebrow raised. What is he to me?That question never occurred to me before. He's NOT my Lover boy like Sally thinks. Can I really put him in my 'friends' category? But I really don't know much about him; I have never seen him or talked to him so he can't really be seen as my friend.

 I looked up at Sally who stood at the doorway of the living room, waiting for my response. "I don't know" I said softly.

"Well figure it out," she smirked at me and went back to the kitchen.I took a deep breath and started to type my reply. All that occurred to me while I typed on the keyboard was 'what is he to me?' A simple question which I had no answer to.

To : Chris

Hi :) it's okay, it doesn't really matter, I have been occupied myself so I didn't even realise so much time has passed since I chatted to you :)

From MD

I sent him the reply and the only thing that kept repeating in my head at that moment was its all lies.

That response was all a lie.

Lie!

Lie!

Lie!