Chapter 16- Dreaded Response

(Edited)

I woke up the next morning with a bright smile on my face, It felt like nothing could drag me down today. The sun was shining bright in the light blue sky which affected my mood immensely. I went into the kitchen and turned on the radio as I made breakfast. I sang along with the music as I danced around the room while stirring the pancake mixture. I was just finishing off making the pancakes when Sally walked in with her hair all over the place and her eye liner smudged around her eyes, making her look like a psychotic killer. She groaned "Why are you so cheerful at this time of the morning? Normally I am the one cheerful while you walk around the room like a zombie." She yawned as she but her elbow on the table and her head in her hands as she closed her eyes.

"I just feel happy." I said.

"Happy? About what?" She asked sleepy, yawning once again.

"Um, about the fact I got the job." I said excitedly.

Sally opened her eyes and looked at me shocked "Y-you're now Ethan Cole's personal assistant?" She asked in disbelief.

I bit my lip and looked at her as I put the breakfast on the table, "Yes."

"OMG! congratulations, I am so happy for you." She jumped to hug me.

"Thank you," I hugged her back.

Once when we calmed down we sat in our seats when Sally looked at the food in front of her "Wow! You made all this?" She asked.

"Yes just because I was in a happy mood." I smiled at her.

"Oh! you should be in happy mood everyday if you make food like this for me." She joked.

"Nah sorry, You know I prefer you doing most of the cooking." I smirked at her.

"Whatever" She said as she took a bite of the pancake. "Guess why I thought you were happy?"

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"I thought maybe your happy mood was Chris's doing," She smirked at me.

At that moment I remembered our conversation from last night, my mouth started to feel dry I poured myself some orange juice and gulped it down. Why was I stupid to mention a date? His last written words 'would you agree if I ask you?' makes me want to throw my laptop away so I don't have to deal with this. I feel so nervous just thinking about him, especially after my stupid response I am scared to see what has he replied.

"Are you okay?" Sally asked me with a frown

"Yes why?" I said in a high pitch, too high for me to act normal.

"I asked you something twice and you're in your own world." Sally narrowed her eyes at my suspicious behaviour.

"Oh sorry, what did you ask me?" I asked as I tried to steady my beating heart.

"I asked how did it go with Chris?"

"Good." I spited out too fast for my liking.

"Good, that's it."

"Yeah," I answered unsure as I scratched my head.

"Your hiding something from me." She answered as she narrowed her eyes once again to see if I would flinch.

"No I'm not," I crossed my arms across my chest as I held my gaze.

"You so are," She clicked her tongue.

"No I am not." I answered annoyed

"You might as well tell me, I know for a fact you will come to me for advice anyway."