Chapter 25- Three's a Crowd

Chapter 25- Three's a Crowd!

(Edited)

I sat their frozen in my seat as I looked across the table towards Ethan. His eyes stared back at me with sadness, the look I couldn't bear. I need him to understand, I need to explain. "E-Ethan it's not what you think. I mean yes it's true but-."

"Myra, you don't have to explain. I understand." Ethan interrupted; clearly he didn't want me to enlighten him with the truth.

"No you don't!" I screamed in frustration.

I looked at the person who was the cause of this situation I stood up from my seat and glared at him. Oh I wish looks could kill because I would be murdering this son of a b****!

I did the only thing I was good at; I stormed out from there, thinking why does everything awful happen to me?

*** 12 HOURS BEFORE***

I walked into the office with a bright smile. My heart felt light since I acknowledged that I like Ethan. It wasn't every day that I liked someone, with Chris it feels different. I developed a crush because he helped me through a difficult phase I was going through. Maybe for that reason I was grateful and therefore I developed some feelings for him. However, with Ethan I feel something strong between us, a feeling that I cannot comprehend.

At that moment I realised that I had forgotten about Chris.

"Oh shit!" I muttered under my breath as I settled in my seat. I took my mobile out and started to create a text to send to Chris. He had texted me numerous times over the chaotic weekend and I totally forgot to text him back.

To: Chris

Sorry for not reply, had a hectic weekend but love to meet up with you for drinks x

"You're here."

I looked up to see Ethan with a smile. Wow! I'm sure since I started working I never seen Ethan smile at work.

"Yes, I just arrived." I spoke softly, putting my mobile away.

"Make sure you call Jensen and have my private jet ready by Thursday morning for Paris. Clear all my appointments for Thursday and Friday."

"Okay." I tried to smile but it was really hard when I know that I wouldn't see Ethan for two days plus the weekend. Oh my! Four days without Ethan, I wouldn't know how to survive. I tried to ignore the stupid remark my senseless mind was coming up with. I mean I will survive without Ethan, it would be so nice and relaxing.

Relaxing, yes, but you would miss those hypnotic deep blue eyes, his luscious lips and his muscled chest.

"Myra."

"Hmm, yeah?" I asked dreamily.

"Were you listening to anything I said?"

That question woke me from my day-dreaming state,"Erm, y-yes," I stuttered slight embarrassed as my cheeks tinted pink.

"Oh really?" He asked with a smirk.

"Yes." I tried to sound confident.

"What did I say?"

Oh damn! I have no idea. I scratched my head as I thought back to what he had said, "That you want me to contact Jensen to have your jet ready for Thursday morning." I spoke quietly knowing that was not the right answer.

"Correct I did say that."

I instantly felt better knowing Ethan didn't notice I was miles away while he spoke to me. I gave him a sweet smile.