Chapter 11-Online Dating for Dummies

(Edited)

“Have you seen yourself in the mirror?” My mother asked with a horrified expression.

“Well, hello to you too mother.” I rolled my eyes.

My mother leaned closer and wiped her finger across my bottom lips and showed me small amount of mint ice-cream on her finger.

“How on earth do you women live like this?” She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“It's easy mother, you should try living care-free.” I said as I left my mother on the doorway and made my way to the living room. My mother followed closely behind me as I sank down into the sofa and looked up to see my mother eyeing every inch of our living room.

“Hi Sally.” My mother greeted her. Great she can greet her nicely when it comes to me it seems like she chokes to say something nice. I glared at my friend as she talked to my mother as if they were best friends instead of me and her.

“So Myra.” My mother turned to face me. “How is your career changing coming along?”

“Fine, just fine.” I answered with a dramatic sigh at the end.

“Is it that bad?” My mother asked with her face softening to see me struggle.

“Yes.” I answered honestly.

“Aww come here.” She came towards me and hugged me tightly. “Everything will work out.” She smiled at me.

At moment like these, I love my mother as she knows what to say to make me feel better. But I was too quick to say a thing because she ruined the moment.

“How's your dating coming along?” My mother asked with a bright smile.

That is the reason why I hated to see my mother on the doorstep. I know she will grill me for some information. Ever since I turned eighteen my mother expected me to introduce to her a young decent man that I may have been dating or maybe fell in love with. But that was not the case; I never dated and never fell in love so you could understand why my mother was persistent for me to find a man.

I coughed awkwardly and looked at Sally for help. “Y-yeah it's going great.” I lied.

“Aww I cannot wait for you to meet ‘Mr. Right.'” My mother clapped her hands with excitement “Ooh  Sally could you imagine Myra walking down the aisle? Oh how could I forget about the babies, the cute little...”

Sally grabbed hold of my mother shoulders, I was relieved that my best friend will tell my mother to calm down about this situation. The next sentence that came out  of my best friend mouth makes me whip my head up to glare at her.

“Oh that may be happening soon, she's getting too intimate with a man on that dating profile.”