Chapter4- The Annoying Response

(Edited)

I woke up the next morning feeling well-rested. I looked at the clock on my bedside table to see it was twelve in the afternoon. I had a day off today so I fell back on my bed and snuggled close to my pillows as I looked outside the window, staring at the clear blue sky, thinking about life. I pondered what would’ve happened if I took a different path, would I stumble to this exact same place with me being unhappy. I shrugged off this negativity and got up from my bed but before I walked out, I heard my laptop make a noise, I looked back at it and remembered emailing Chris last night. I walked up to my laptop and saw that the reason my laptop made a noise was because the battery was low. I picked up my charger and walked to the kitchen. I placed the laptop on the countertop and plugged in the charger. I decided to have a glass of orange juice while waiting for my laptop to log-in. I took a long swig of the juice and looked at the screen as I saw a message from Chris.  I settled myself on to the kitchen tool as I swiftly clicked on the open icon.

From: Chris

Wow, do you have a life?  I'm totally shocked LOL

From your long passionate (and boring) paragraph.... to me it seems like you have or are going through one of the situation where you hoped to be and where you are at now....am I right? 

From CC

I looked at my screen shocked, how did he know I was going through the situation? I am sure the way I had replied, it seemed like a normal casual reply.  I honestly didn’t feel like admitting to him that yes, I was going through some dreaming issues. I did the only thing I could think of avoiding the question. I took a deep breath before I replied to his message.

To: Chris

Yes, I do have a life. Why are you so shocked? Can't a girl like me (a dreamer) have a life?

If my paragraph was boring, I'm sure that indicates I'm a boring person  then why reply back?

From MD

P.s. you’re a JERK!!!

I smirked as I wrote the last three words to sum up the way I thought of him. I downed the orange juice and looked at the laptop which indicated that I already have one new message sitting in my inbox.  Wow, that was fast, he must have one boring life to reply back to me that quick.  Eager to read it, I instantly clicked on the message.

From: Chris

I didn't specify a dreamer like you cannot have a life; I assume it must be very interesting with all the big dreams and hope you have Ms. Dreamy :P Again, I did not specify you’re boring, all I said was your paragraph was boring... I am sure I am allowed to have my opinion :)

Ouch, those three words clenched my heart in pain :( I know now that my words must mean something to you... for you to get worked up and write those three words.

From CC

P.s.  Are you avoiding my question from the last message?? Deny it if you want... but I am sure what I had asked, is in fact true....

I re-read the last sentence over and over again in my head. I was annoyed by a couple of things he stated:

 1) Miss Dreamy!!! Is dreaming that bad he even chose a nickname for me. I sighed in frustration, I have always hated nicknames, I didn't even allow my best friend to give me a nickname and HE dares to call me Miss Dreamy!!

2) Where did he get the idea that his words meant something to me? More importantly that I, Myra Dawn gets worked up about it! He is so delusional to believe the crap that he wrote. His words DO NOT MEAN A THING.

3) How the fuck did he know that I was avoiding the damn question? Arghh, I just told him what I thought and now he assumes that it applies to my life. Okay, I know it does but he doesn't need to know that. He doesn't need to know how my life is boring and messed.

I groaned in frustration as I ticked off the irritating points from his message. I put my head in my hands and let my body relax from the anger. I need myself to calm down.

At that point I just realised, why was I getting worked up about his message? Did his words honestly mean something to me?

No, I shook my head, it doesn't.  I said to myself loud and clear to let the words sink in my head and heart, that it didn't mean a thing.  I'm just feeling down at the moment, that's why his words are affecting my little bubble, I'm living in. I said to myself and froze as soon as I finished the sentence.

Did I just admit loud and clear that his words are affecting me?

Oh god! No! Most importantly, WHY are his words affecting me?

I brushed my fingers through my hair as I thought about this question hard.  I closed my eyes and tried to think but no luck, I had no answer to my question.  I picked up my laptop and walked to my room as I kicked my bedroom door to close it and sat in the middle of my double size bed. I hit reply and started typing my answer.

To :Chris

First of all, DO NOT call me Miss Dreamy!! I do not or will ever have a nickname. Do I make myself clear?

Second, your words do not affect me. Honestly, I don't even know you; you just randomly started to message me. For all I know, you could be a rapist or a creepy stalker... why would YOUR words have an effect on me?

Third, I don't care if those little three words clenched your heart in pain or gave you a heart attack... all I know is, I mean every word!

I would also like to clear up that I was not avoiding your question.

From MD

I hit the send icon and got up from my bed to take a long shower to relax my body and my mind from Chris Chezny.