My hero - written by gemzisnotcool

Part two

The next morning you woke up, sprawled over your bed. You didn't start work for another four hours, so you lazily got up and made yourself some breakfast. It was Sunday so you didn't have courses, and there were no assignments you hadn't given in, so you took the opportunity to have a lazy morning, and catch up with some old friends. You still had a few hours to kill so you decided to text an friend about last night. She thought he was super cute and you just had to tell her.
Y/N: Omg you'll never guess what happened last night!
Y/F/N: Tell me everything.
Y/N: Ok so this man dragged me into an alleyway and tried to rape me, I went to the police dw. Then this other guy came and saved me and it was Thomas Sangster!!!! And he walked me home and gave me his number!!!!!!
Y/F/N: OMFG NO WAYYY!!!! I'm coming over to your place now! We work at the same place so we can go over together.
Y/N: Ok see you soon!

You went back to your room and threw on some clothes: White ripped jeans and a black tank top with cuts in the back that made it look like angel wings. You found mismatch socks and put them on. You didn't bother with too much makeup, a bit of foundation and concealer, some mascara and a pink lipstick. You walked back to the front door just as your friend ran in and hugged you.
"YOU'RE SO LUCKY YOU HAVE HIS NUMBER HOLY CRAP!"
"I know, but you're choking me." you chuckled.
"Right, sorry." she replied, laughing.
"So have you texted him yet?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows and smirking. You laughed.
"No not yet, I was thinking of asking him to stop by the bar..." Before you could finish she answered.
"Do it!! He gave you his number which means he obviously wants to see you again." I laughed at her enthusiasm, picking up my phone, my fingers lingering over the keyboard.
You: Hey it's the girl from last night.
He immediately replied.
Thomas: Hi, how are you?
You: I'm feeling better thanks, got my arms cleaned up. I went to the police and reported the guy.
Thomas: That's good, do you wanna meet up later?
You: Yeah, I was just gonna ask if you wanted to meet me at the bar I work at.
Thomas: I'd love to! What time? I can be there for about seven?
You: Seven sounds great! I finish my shift at nine tonight. The place is called Charly's it's in Covent Gardens.
Thomas: Great! Well I'll see you there.
Your friend was behind you, and had read everything.
"Oh. My. God. He's coming to the bar! This is like a date, you know that right?" You laughed nervously.
"It's not really a date... I met him yesterday and not in the best circumstances either..."
"Oh shut up of course it's a date, now we have to be there in two hours, and you are going to look stunning." she told you, sitting you down opposite your small vanity.

________________

After what seemed like hours of fuss, she put you in front of the full length mirror in your room. She had completely redone your makeup. You had a base coat of foundation on, and she had lightly contoured your cheek and jaw bones. A small coating of blusher covered your cheekbones. Black winged eyeliner and lots of mascara made your eyes stand out, she had brought the liner down to a point after your tear-ducts, which made your nose look slightly skinnier. On your lips was a dark pink lip stain and gloss. She had curled your hair and done it up in a ponytail, leaving a few loose strands at the front, framing your face. You slipped on your uniform, a blue button down with a black waistcoat and black dress pants. You wore black stiletto heels and waited for your friend to get ready. You took your small leather shoulder bag, containing your keys, name tag, wallet, phone etc. Your friend walked out and you locked the door to your apartment, flagging a taxi to get to the bar. Your shift started at 17:30 and ended around nine. Your friend had the night shift tonight. You arrived at the bar and put your things in a locker, spraying on some perfume and putting on your name tag you walked into the bar and started working. The first hour and a half passed in a blur, serving customers at random. You constantly checked whenever someone entered, hoping it would be him. Finally, a little after seven he walked in, looking gorgeous. He was wearing dark jeans, a white shirt, black jacket and shoes. Your friend started hyperventilating and you had to take her round the back to calm down. You quickly regained your composure and went out, walking towards where Thomas was sitting.
"Anything I can get you?" You asked, he smirked, that cute one where his eyebrows scrunched up. Ok snap out of it Y/N.
"A beer, thanks." He said. Before you left he took your wrist. "You look nice." he whispered, making your cheeks turn red.
"Thank you." you replied, before walking to get his beer. As you poured his drink you noticed he was looking right at you the entire time, which did nothing to help your blush, you thanked your friend for putting this much makeup on you, it hid the redness in your cheeks somewhat. You quickly returned with his beer, and the two of you talked for a bit.
"I should be getting back, my boss wouldn't like it if he saw I wasn't doing my job." you said. He nodded and you walked back behind the bar, serving customer after customer, until your shift ended. You quickly went to Thomas.
"I'll be out soon, meet me outside?" You asked, he nodded and you went to change. You were met by your friend, who hugged you tightly.
"What did you bring?" She asked. I went to my locker and pulled out a dark blue dress that fell to my lower knee, the skirt was loose and it was strapless. A black silk sash wrapped around my waist, accentuating my curves as I slipped it over my head, leaving my work clothes in my locker. She topped up my mascara and lipstick and spritzed a little perfume on my neck.
"You'll do fine, don't worry Y/N/N." she beamed at you, you smiled back, before throwing a loose black wool cardigan over your shoulders, collecting your things and leaving. Thomas was waiting for you outside. He held up his arm and I took it.
"Where do you wanna go?" He asked, you noticed he was staring at you.
"I know a nice place." You said, and he nodded. You walked down the crowded Covent Gardens.
"Were you ever going to explain how you can speak fluent French?" He smirked.
"Oh right, I grew up in France, my parents lived in this small town near
Geneva. It was nice there, but I was glad when I moved out for uni, I'm not really a fan of the people who live around there." You said, before turning into St Christopher's Place.
"This is beautiful..." Thomas said, staring wide eyed at the small flags and fairy lights that lit up the cobblestone road.
"My mum used to take me down here when I was a kid. It's a change from the busy streets, and it reminds me of home." You said. He agreed with you as we walked down the now empty street, sometimes you would steal quick glances at him, and his perfect face.
"What's your full name, like, do you have another name than Y/N?" He asked out of the blue.
"Yeah, my full name's Y/F/N." You replied, cringing slightly at your middle name.
"I've always loved the name Y/M/N. My full name's Thomas Brodie Sangster." He replied. You turned a dark shade of pink. All of a sudden your phone rang, you dug through your bag to find it, and the caller id surprised you.
"Sorry I have to take this." you said to Thomas, he nodded and you picked up.
"Bonjour?" You asked
"Salut Y/N, comment ça va?" A familiar voice replied, it was your old sax teacher.
"Je vais bien, et toi?" You asked, quickly looking at Thomas, who was staring at you, looking confused and amazed.
"Oui merci, bon, je t'appelle en faite parce qu'on a un concert dans quelques semaines, mais nos meilleurs sax sont pas là. Je sais que t'est en Angleterre mais si tu pourrais venir jouer pour le concert ça serait super." This was a no brainer, your term finished in a week. One of the hardest parts about leaving was saying goodbye to the orchestra. You had grown up with them, they were like family to you.
"Bien sur que je pourrais venir! J'ai cours jusqu'à la semaine prochaine, si tu pourrais m'envoyer des copies des partoches par email je peux les travailler un peu puis venir a la répète la semaine prochaine." You replied, you could feel your teachers smile through the phone.
"Ok super! On a pas changé, répète le vendredi soir."
"Super, bon ben a la semaine prochaine alors!" You said, beaming.
"Ouais, salut!" She hung up.
"Well, mind explaining what that was?" Thomas said, walking towards you.
"Oh right, well the orchestra I used to play in have a concert in a few weeks but all their best sax players can't make it so my teacher asked me if I could come down and play with them. I finish my term in a week and then I'm going down. She told me she would email me the sheet music so I could practise them before coming." You replied, grinning. Thomas looked a little crestfallen.
"What's wrong Thomas?" You asked worriedly.
"Nothing, I just won't be able to see you for a while when you're gone is all. and please, call me Tom." he replied. You had completely forgotten about this.
"You could come with me? I'd be staying with my parents but they wouldn't mind. I'd really like the company, I'm probably going to meet up with some old friends but if you don't want to meet them you could visit Geneva..." you trailed off, but noticed a wide smile on his face.
"I'd love to come with you. Your old home sounds really interesting and I'd like to see it for myself." You smiled, and before you realised, you had run up and hugged him, his strong, warm arms moulding into you.
"Thank you for coming with me." You whispered.
"It is my pleasure." he replied softly.
"Well tomorrow I have to start playing these pieces, my courses finish at five, do you wanna come hear me play?" You asked.
"Sure I'd love to! I can be at your place for about six?"
"Sounds good, it'd be my first time playing them so it won't be too good." you said.
"Oh I don't mind." he grinned. You walked hand in hand down St Christopher's Place.t