Meeting the parents - Thomas Sangster

I ran down stairs looking for my pair of brown boots.

"Thomas, do you know where my boots are?" I yelled from downstairs, looking behind the couch.

"Umm I think it's beside the coat rack" he yelled back in a calm tone

"Ok thanks" I ran over to the coat rack and instantly spotted my shoes.

I sat down onto the couch and slipped on my shoes. Tonight was the night when I will be meeting Thomas's parents, my parents are going to be there too so I guess that's a little bit better. I have already met Ava, Thomas's beautiful, lovely sister and Thomas has already met my brother/brothers/sister/sisters. But I am very nervous. Scratch that, I am so nervous that I think I'm going to throw up.

Butterflies raced around in my stomach, fluttering all over the place. My hands started shaking and getting sweaty. We have been dating for 6 and a half months now and Thomas and I thought that we were ready to meet each others parents, so we organised tonight inviting all of them to dinner.

'Calm down Y/N. Ok breath in, and out. And in, and out. And in, and out'. I took deep breaths in and out and stared blankly at the wall. 'What if they hate me, and they disapprove of our love. What if they hate me so much that they will not allow Thomas to see me anymore?' Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes. 'Y/N don't think like that! It's going to be fine' I whipped my eyes with the back of my hand.

"Hey babe, are you ready?" Thomas asked and sat next to me.

"Yeah" I replied nervously.

"Y/N it's going to be fine, ok? They will love you, trust me!" He caressed my cheek before placing a small lingering kiss onto it. I smiled and nodded. It's weird, he was way calmer then me. I normally thought that he would be the one stressing and worrying. But no, he was calm and chilled out.

"Ok, let's go" he got up and patted out his shirt before helping me up.

I looked at myself in the body sized mirror for the last time, to check if I was wearing an appropriate clothing choice. I chose to wear a wooly white dress and a brown belt, with a black long jacket, brown scarf, black stockings and my brown boots. I wore a pair of golden studded earrings that Thomas got me for my birthday and a gold necklace. My hair was done in a messy bun. I wore a little bit of makeup, just the basics: foundation, mascara, liquid eyeliner and a little bit of pink lipstick.

I nodded at myself and walked over to the front door. I picked up my phone, purse and car keys from the coffee table and walked out to the front porch. Thomas following me. He locked the front door and we walked to the car.

The cold air filled my nostrils and made me shiver. I made my way through the snow all the way over to Thomas's car. I opened the door and slid into the passenger seat. He got into the drivers seat and put the keys into the ignition. Then we were off.

Thomas held my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Hey it's going to be fine, ok." He reassured me then kissed my cheek. I looked up at Thomas.

"I know, I know. It's just, what if your parents don't like me?" I turned my head around so I was facing the window, and looking out of it.

"They will love you! There's no doubt in me that they won't, ok babe" I smiled and I nodded.

"Anyway, why aren't you nervous?" I gave him a questioned looked and sighed.

"I am very nervous, trust me. It's just I'm trying to hide it" he gave a nervous chuckle and I giggled.

_

We pulled up into the car park. I stayed seated and took one last deep breath.

'You can do this. It's ok. Just be yourself. Just take a deep breath and relax. Put on a smile and everything should be ok' I unclipped my seatbelt and got out of the car. I shut the door and Thomas walked over to me. He gave me a smile and wrapped his arms around my waist. We walked to the entrance and was immediately greeted by a man.