Chapter 1 (The Vet)

It has been three days since I moved to the small town of Trailwood. Trees and animals all around. It's perfect for a Veterinarian like me. I'm Chrysanthe Saffron or Chrysie for short.

Ever since I moved into my nice new cabin in the woods. I know it's pretty funny. My new shop in the small town. I feel like these are all stereotypes? And now I have started a new life.

"Are you closing up now?" My assistant Henry asks me. Yup I've already got an assistant. I look up at the clock that reads 10.

"Nah, I want to stay up later so that I might get more patients. You head home." I tell him.

"Alright, see you tomorrow." He waves good bye as he heads out.

Henry is in his 40's and married to a lovely woman by the name of Annabelle. The two haven't been married for over 30 years now and very much adore me as if I was their own daughter. Done get me wrong they had two sons that are now all grown up now. But it's nice to have someone like them.

I sit at the front desk checking the appointments that I have tomorrow. I need to speak at the local high school for an assistant.

I hear a truck pulling up and look out and see three men carrying a wolf. Holy, what happened? I run around the desk as they enter. "What happened?" I ask as they look at me.

"He's been shot but illegal hunters ma'am." A younger man with a navy blue tint to his hair tells me.

"Well bring him back with me and I'll see what I can do." I guide them to the operation room as they set down the dark brown wolf.

"His name is Joe, and he's very well trained." The blonde man tells me.

"Good, I need to sedate him, so I can work on him." I tell them but the blonde holds my wrist with the needle in it. What is he doing. I look into his soft brown eyes.

"Please ma'am, just get him some pain killers. He needs to be awake." I can see he is in pain and very afraid.

"Alright, I'll do it, but I only need you in the room sir." I tell him getting some pain medication.

"Blue tell Forest we are here and Gale stay in the lobby." The blonde tells the two as they leave. Alright time to get to work and save this poor wolf. I hate poachers.

*This is the second main character Chrysanthe Saffron. She has a few secrets that will be revealed if you read. And I'm not going to write the gory details of the operation, unless you want to just ask me and I will tell you. Well wait for chapter two and the last main character.