Chapter 25 (Chrysanthe)

After our amazing steaks and two beers later we are now on shots. "Okay so I lick the salt, take the shot and then put the line in my mouth?" I ask since I was never a big drinker.

"Yeah, have you never drunk tequila?" Gale chuckles.

"I wasn't much of a partier in college you see I actually studied." I laugh feeling giddy for some reason. This is so much fun.

"Alright just one and then you tell me what you think." He tells me.

I lick the salt off my hand, take the shot and suck on the lime. I spit it out and raise my arms up with success. "That was fun." I giggle. Then I see him walk in. Forest, why are you always there? And why are you so hot?

"Yeah, looks like Forest is here. It won't be awkward if he joins us right?" Gale asks and I shake my head no. Great idea, drinking and a sexy guy will equal a night of regret.

"Hey." He sits down next to me as if concerned. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I still have your shirt. Sorry about that again." I blush bright red as Gales hair.

"Why does she have your shirt?" Gale asks but in more of a patronizing tone. What's eating at Gale?

"Well she needed help and well my shirt helped." He smiles at him before returning to my attention. Why is there still that stupid pull?

"Why are you here?" I ask him a bit mad now.

"Because I needed a drink. Found out my good friend got his mate." He sighs but a smile remains on his face.

"Mate? Another wolf reference with you. You are all wolves aren't you." I laugh at the thought of him being a werewolf. How ridiculous of a thought.

"Maybe, and what you would think if I was?" He jokes.

"You can't it's impossible." I shake my head as three beers appear on the table.

"Beer?" Gale asks. I didn't even notice him go get them. I was more focused on Forest. Càrp I'm doing it again.

"Thank you." Forest takes two and hands one to me. "To being friends." He smirks and I know he's messing with me.

"To over possessive alpha's." I say back to him.

"To being drunk."Gale adds making us chuckle and take a drink. "So what is both of your deals?"

I look at Forest and he looks at me. "I have my reasons." He says in a mysterious way.

"I'm just trying to leave my past behind me."I take a swig of beer. I'm not going to make the same mistake twice. That's not the type of girl I am.