Chapter 8 (Forest)

As soon as I saw the blonde goddess of a woman I had to claim her. My lips claimed her as she kissed me back I let go of her and she wraps her arms around my neck. 'She's the one.' My wolf growls with satisfaction.

Once I stop the kiss and look at her her smile changes into a face of horror. "I-I have to go." She runs out the front door as fast as she could. 'Our mate is a strange one.' My wolf inquires.

"What the hell was that?" Michael snaps at me. Did he just snap at me?

"What do you mean? And what's your problem?" I look at him confused.

"You frightened the poor human." He says.

'Our mate is human?' My wolf asks confused. "Well I- she. I can't explain it." I snap at him. "I'll talk about it later." I say to everyone staring at me.

I walk into the living room as see that Joe has transformed back. "Thank you for getting the veterinarian away, though she was super nice." Joe smiles as he holds Lucy close. 'Our mate saved Joe.' My wolf states proudly. Yes, yes she did.

"Yeah, she is different." I say calmly.

"So what was that?" Thomas asks, him being the only one with the balls to ask.

"Nothing, just nothing. I'm glad you are okay Joe." I smile at them before trudging over to office. This isn't happening, this isn't happening.

"Are you going to tell me what happened now?" Thomas asks me as he leans on the door frame.

"I- I, it's not easy to explain." I sigh. 'Yes it is, she is our mate.' My wolf insists. Yes. but she's human. I'm an alpha and supposed to show strength.

"Then explain it." Thomas closes the door behind him. "We have been friends since little kids and I know when something is wrong."

"Alright, but this has to be between you and me." I insist as I sit on my desk.

"Of course." He sits in a chair close to me. 'You should be proud of our mate.' My wolf huffs. Just shush.

"She, well. She's my mate." I say calmly.

"Are you kidding me? A human?" Thomas says.

I growl at him, "She's my mate." 'Good, you at least have excepted it.' My wolf says still mad. I told you to shush.

"Alright and what are we going to do about it?" Thomas asks concerned.

"I don't know." I say calmly. But we have to do something.

*This is Forest Hawken. Hope you like him.