Chapter 42 (Michael)

I just got back from my guard duty and Ramsey is still working with the town doctor to learn his trade. When I walked into the big house I find Forest sitting in a chair on front room.

"Hey what's wrong ?" I ask him worried. He looks scared and worried.

"Chrysanthe." He says as if he's about to break down.

"What happened?" I ask as I kneel next to him. Oh this does not sound good.

"She knows." He says simply. What is with his one and two word sentences.

"She knows what?" I ask patiently.

"About us, what we are. She knows we are werewolves. And I might lose her forever!" He yells out more in a cry of pain. He grabs the bottle of whiskey I didn't notice was even next to him and he takes a swig. Oh great now I'm gonna have to help him into bed tonight.

"You don't know that. Where is she?" I ask as I keep my eye on the bottle.

"At a friend's house." He says with a shrug.

I grab the bottle from him as quickly as I can. "How about we head to bed and sleep on this okay?" I ask with a calming soothing voice.

"Why? She's never coming back." He slurs angrily.

"You don't know that. Don't you want to be sober enough to talk to her if she walks in right now?" I ask trying to get him to reason with me. He's not the most fun drunk when his heart is broken.

"Yeah, I guess." He says sounding the words out.

"Then lets get you to bed so you can be ready for her in the morning."I tell him as I put the bottle away from his reach.

"Fine, whatever you say." He staggers as he stands up. Oh what am I going to do with this heart broken Forest?

I go by his side and help him walk down the hall to his bedroom. His bed is big and half of his closest is filled with her clothes. "See her clothes are still there so she has to come back for those." I tell him reassuringly.

"Yeah, I guess." He sighs. I help him strip down to just his boxers. It's just like a little kid who won't sit still.

He lays down and falls asleep immediately as he touches the mattress. Oh Forest what am I going to do about a broken alpha? Even if I talk to Chrysie it might make it worse. I'm just going to have to hope for the best.