Chapter 3 (Michael)

After the operation Joe relaxed, but it's hard for him to stay awake.

"I will need to watch him over night, to see if he has an allergic reaction to the medicine." The female vet tells me. Her eyes are as blue as can be, but her hair black, but I could tell it was dyed that way.

"Alright, I will stay with him." I nod to her as she sighs. Her beauty is hard to miss. I have never met anyone like her, not even Carter.

"Sir, is Joe alright?" Gale asks as he walks in.

"Yes, he will be fine. I just need to keep an eye on him so he doesn't go through allergic shock." She explains. I'm so glad she is good at her job.

"Thank you again Miss." I smile at her softly.

"Call my Chrysanthe or Chrysie for short." She smiles at me softly.

"Thank you Chrysie." Her name sounds so perfect. She is perfect.

"Can we bring him home?" Gale asks confused.

"Not until tomorrow." She tells him as she cleans up all the medical tools she used.

"Why not?" Gale asks frustrated. Did I meantion, that Lucy a.k.a Joe's mate is also Gale's older sister.

"It's so if he goes into allergic shock, I have the tools to save him." She snaps at him. "Unless you want this beautiful wolf to die." I could see the passion in those perfect blue eyes of hers. She was meant to be a veterinarian that is for sure.

"I'm sorry ma'am. Thank you for saving him." Gale backed off. She also gives off a very dominant vibe, almost like an alpha. But to bad she is human.

"Alright, so I shall try to stay awake and if I start to fall asleep, please wake me." She tells me. "You understand Sir?" She asks me.

"I'm Michael or Mike for short and this is Gale." I introduce us.

"Thank you, both of you for bringing in Joe, I am glad there a good people still out there." She smiles as she sits down and sighs. She rubs her temple's slowly to relax her. She seems stressed, it worries me.

"No problem, we are wolf trainers." I tell her with a smile. That has been out cover up since we moved here. Since we started this pack 10 years ago.

"Well I'm glad you appreciate such fine animals as the wolf. They are quite beautiful animals." She smiles softly as her eye lids began to close.

"What now sir?" Gale whispers to me. We make sure that Joe doesn't transform. Joe falls asleep but stays in wolf form. We can only hope that he stays that way till noon, then we can bring him home. And our pack will be safe once again. I only wish that I could bring Chrysanthe with me.