Chapter 41 (Forest)

Today was just a normal day until Chrysanthe burst into my office looking mad as hell. Oh no, what happened now?

"We need to talk." She tells me.

"Talk about what?" I ask confused. What's got her so riled up?

"How a man can be a wolf and a man." She says leaning on my desk so our faces where closer. 'Is it time to tell her?' My wolf asks curiously. Well I guess we have to and hope for the best.

I sigh and run my temple's very stressed and worried about this. "Well have you ever heard of a Lycan?" I ask her.

"Isn't that the same as a werewolf?" She asks sitting down in the chair in front of my desk.

"Yes, but Lycan is the original term used. It's man and beast as one. They are like a team one always helping the other." I explain to her. She nods and listen to me. "So that's how a man and a wolf can be one person." I say nervously.

"Yes, but I was asking that about you, are you a werewolf?" She asks looking me dead in the face. 'Yes, yes we are.' My wolf says wagging his tail. Really, lets take it more cautiously.

"Well if you are asking if I have a wolf than yes." I say trying to make it sound like I'm not but I am.

"I didn't mean wolf trainers I meant a wolf inside you." She says starting at me.

"I just told I did." I say calmly as possible.

"So it is true, werewolves do exist." She says as if shock. "I knew it!" She states proudly then her face changes to a worried expression. "Why did you lie to me?" She asks looking at me scared.

"I wasn't lying to you, I just wasn't telling you about our kind. I didn't know if you were ready to know or not. I just wanted to protect you that's all." I tell her nervously.

"Well I had a right to know. And I don't know. I just don't know anymore." She says frantically.

"You don't know about what?" I ask worried.

"Us, or any of it. It's a lot to process." She says looking down at her lap.

"But we are mates." I blurt out. Great, that was just great.

"Mates?" She asks confused.

"Everyone has a soul mate, but werewolves can sense them and smell them. From the moment I met you I knew you were my mate." I tell her hoping she'll understand.

"Oh, well I think I need to think this all over, so I'm gonna stay the night at a friend's house." She tells me before leaving my office. What will I do if she rejects me? I need her in my life she's my mate, but who do I put first? The pack or my mate?