Chapter 26 (Forest)

After a few more drinks I finally convinced Chrysanthe to dance with me.

"So what song would you like to dance to?" I ask as I extend my hand for her to take.

She looks at my hand unsure. "Something romantic." She smirks but I can tell she's drunk. 'Our mate seems to open up this way.' My wolf observes. Well yeah, she's drunk.

"Okay, anything you want." I put a quarter in the old jukebox with new CDs in it. Hm, romantic? I play safe and sound by Taylor Swift.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her waist as she throws her arms around my neck. She looks in my eyes as we sway to the music. "Why Taylor Swift?" She asks. So she does know this song.

"You asked for romantic. I consider this song romantic. Unless you wanted to hear pours some sugar on me by Def Leppard?" I chuckle softly as our foreheads connect.

"More like I love rock and roll by Joan Jett." She bites her bottom lip and removes her forehead.

We keep in step in perfect synchronization. "You know you're a pretty good dancer." I whisper in her ear softly.

"You're not too bad your self." Her nose touches mine.

Her soft blue eyes look at my amber ones. "Chrysanthe, I want to apologize for yesterday." I say with a husky tone.

"No need, it was as much as my fault." Her lips come closer to mine. 'Claim her!' My wolf yells at me. Shut up!

My lips press onto hers passionately. She kisses back with as much passion. "Uh hm. If you two are done I would like to remind you where you are." I hear Gale say as he glares at me.

"Is it wrong for me to kiss a beautiful woman in a bar, especially one I care for?" I ask him as I hold onto her hand.

"No, you two make a cute couple." One guy smirks at me. Gale doesn't look happy.

"Well lets get you home." I tell Chrysie as she giggles. I pick her up bridal style as if it were so natural as we walk out with all the bikers looking at me.

"What are you doing? You're alpha and she's a human." Gale says to me angrily.

"She's much more." I tell him as I put her in my truck. I'm taking her to my home.

"What is she then?" Gale snaps.

"She's my mate." I tell him standing proud. I slam the door behind me as I enter my truck. I look over at her passed out. Nah, I'll just stay the night at her place tonight.