Chapter 13 (Chrysanthe)

I enter the shop to see Herny smiling at me in a weird way. Something is going on and I want to know what it is.

"Morning Henry." I say as I flip the sign to open.

"Morning, there is someone here to see you." He smiles kindly. Oh great, who could it be.

I turn to the waiting room and see him. Oh god, what is he doing here? And why do I feel so attracted to him? Keep yourself together Chrysie. "I'm sorry." He hands me a bouquet of various flowers.

"Thank you and I except your apologize." I say as I start to walk into my office.

"Can I make it up to you by buying you lunch or a drink?" He asks nervously. He puts his hands in his front jean pockets.

"Come on Chrysie you deserve this attention. Take it, don't worry okay." Henry tells me with a smile. He's been wanting to hook me up with somebody ever since I told him and Ann about my ex.

"Okay. Let me put these lovely flowers in a vase and we can go out to lunch." I say walking into my office. I use my pencil holder as a vase since that was the best I could do.

I walk out to see Forest and Henry talking. "You ready?" Forest stands up tall. Damn it, why does he have to be so hot.

"Yes please." I smile as I walk out with him. We walk next to each other in silence. We arrive at the local Trailwood cafe.

"Milady." He opens the door for me.

"Thank you." I smile as I enter. I go up to the counter to be greeted by a teen girl with the name tag of Trisha.

"Welcome, what can I get you?" She asks as if not too excited to be there.

"I will have the chicken salad and ice tea." I order.

"I'll have the French dip with a coke." Forest orders happily. Well he seems chipper.

"That will be 17.95." Trisha blushes as she looks at the very attractive man.

He hands her the money and smiles at me. "So you aren't a vegetarian?" He asks.

"No, I may work with animals but it's just my job, not my life style." I cross my arms. Surprisingly it makes him happier. What is up with him? And why me of all people to pick for? What does he want from me?

*Sorry for not updating yesterday. I've been sick all week and haven't been writing. So I hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry again.