Chapter 22 (Chrysanthe)

After a long bath and a good night's sleep I was ready to go. No more wolves,no more men, no more pity party. It was time for me to move on and get my life going.

I put on a rock t shirt. It was Rolling Stones. I put on some light blue shorts to go with my long black leather boots that reached my knee. With red I socks to go with it.

I pulled my blonde locks back in a ponytail and decide to go to work today. So I head out to open up my shop alone today.

I help out some locals with cat and dog problems which makes feel good that I moved here, but I can't get Forest off my thoughts. What would I do if he walked in right now? "Kiss him senselessly before wrapping my legs around his waist." I bite the back of my pen.

I need to get out more. I rub my temples frustrated with myself. I take off my lab coat that I always wear and my scrubs. "What should I do tonight. Watch 50 first dates again?" I ask myself.

"Or you can go out on the town with a stranger." I look over to see Gale standing there.

"I'm cool with that." I hop over the desk and close up shop. "Where too stranger?" I ask him with a smile.

"How about some dinner first then drinking?" He wiggled his eye brows. He's so much different than when I met him.

"Why not? How's Joe?" I ask.

"Good Lucy had her baby. And she's naming him Leonard. That poor guy is going to be picked on for sure." Gale shakes his head.

"I think that's a cute name. Be nice to your sister." I tell him as we head into the town bar.

"Bartender two beers and two steaks." Gale orders and he nods.

"You come here often?" I ask confused.

"Well with Forest yes. And that's who I want to talk about. You guys and that intense kiss." Gale says pulling out a chair for me.

"Everything with Forest seems intense." I blush remembering this morning. I still have his shirt don't I?

"You're the first girl he's ever took a fancy in and I want to know why?" Gale says as he takes a sip of his beer.

"I don't know. You would have to ask Forest." I sigh. Why is he such a mystery. You know what it's my time to let loose, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.