~Chapter 16~

WARNING: Semi-mature scene in this chapter for some readers! I've warned you, so you can read at your own risk.

~~~

The pillow beneath my head was soft and supported my extremely dizzy head. When I could muster up the strength to open my eyes, I saw I was in a bedroom. The lamp in the corner was dim, but lit the small room just enough for me to see.

"Argh," I groaned as I tried to sit up.

"You're awake," a deep, yet soft, voice spoke from the doorway of the bedroom.

"Where am I?" I put the bottom of my palm to my forehead, running my hand down the side of my face. "Who are you?"

"I rescue us from those Cybertronians," the man was older than me, but not by much.

"Rescued? The Autobots were there to save me!"

"Don't stress yourself," the man came over to me, not allowing me to get a good look at his face. "We'll continue this conversation downstairs."

His muscular arm wrapped around my waist and his other hand held mine as he practically picked me up. I went to put pressure on my right leg and immediately regretted it.

"Son of a bitch!" I cried, clenching my teeth.

"Try not to put pressure on that leg," the man spoke, his voice gruff. "It's going to be tender, but you can walk or run on it."

"No shit," I growled.

"A piece of falling metal stabbed your right shin," the man explained as we exited the room. "I got to you right before you lost conscious. Honestly, if it weren't for me, you'd be dead."

"Were you on that ship?" I asked as the man set me down in a chair and left to go on the other side of the bar to the kitchen.

"I had been for a while," the man admitted as he started up some tea. "I have you to thank because you helped me out."

"That wasn't exactly my intention, but you're welcome I guess," I made the man chuckle with amusement. "What's your name?"

"David," the man smile slightly over to me. "David Elliot."

"Two first names?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not the only one in the world," David shrugged. "What's your name?"

"Riley. Riley Lawson," I blinked and smiled slightly like David had done.

"Well, Riley, do you like white or green tea?" David changed the subject and kept the conversation flowing.

"White," I tangled my fingers together and sat at the table, gazing at them intently.

As David poured the tea and came over to sit across from me, I looked up. "Thanks for the tea."

"No problem," David sat down with a sigh.

His eyes were a dark green while his hair was a light brown, maybe with a slight bronze to it. David was easily six foot two and muscular. I was instantly drawn in to him.

"Why did you 'save' me?" I broke the silence and stopped staring at David.

"You make it sound like I didn't."

"You did," I reassured him. "I just want to know why."

"I was saving you from the Cybertronians and what they were going to do to you," David stated plainly, drinking from his coffee cup.