~Chapter 18~

Bumblebee's POV:

My eyes tried once again to soothe the tears streaming heavily down her face. Though I knew it wouldn't help her pain, I continued to try to let her know I was still alive. That I was still alive and making sure she was okay, but at a distance.

I knew I could also run in and wrap my holoform arms around the small-framed body of hers to let her know everything was going to be alright. I knew I could end her pain right then and there, but something was stopping me. Something that couldn't pull my spark to her and show her I did love her- more than anything in the universe, which could be a hard thing to say with some Cybertronians.

"Riley, I'm going to leave now," Lennox's voice caught my attention.

"Fine," Riley snapped from where she sat balling her bed.

"I'll find Bumblebee for you," Lennox promised from the other side of the door. "And when I do, I'll punch him for doing this to you. Then I'll bring him over here so you can do the same."

Opening the door, Riley ran into Lennox's arms. They stood there, hugging for a few moments until Riley let go of him.

"I promise, Riley," Lennox held her chin with his hand.

"Watching her again, are you?" a voice hissed behind where I stood as a holoform.

"I'm surprised you aren't," I muttered.

"She's not important to me, Bumblebee," the man behind me spoke lowly. "Not as she is to you."

"You can't make me kill her," I went back to the subject we had once been on.

"You will," the voice behind me was cold. "Or you will watch me do it slowly, painfully. Then I will kill every single one of your family in front of you."

"Isn't that your goal anyways? To destroy us?" I turned to face the bright green eyes that bore into my spark.

"Not exactly, Bumblebee," the holoform spoke darkly. "Now's your chance to do your job."

When his head moved in the direction of where Riley stood in the kitchen, making popcorn, I narrowed my gaze. "It's not going to happen."

"Alright then," the man walked past me and glanced back. "I'll be sure to tell her you loved her."

"I'll do it," I growled, walking past the man.

"Good," the man smirked. "Bring the blood from her heart back on this."

I looked down at the small combat knife being held out to me. His eyes narrowed, the man held the handle out to me. With a deep intake of breath, I grabbed the handle of the knife and took it.

"I hate you, Lockdown," I muttered.

As I made my way to the front door of Riley's little home, I felt Lockdown's eyes on me. My hand lifted to knock on the door and I gulped nervously.

Stealth, Bee, I thought.

Before knocking on the door, I made my way to the backyard. The back door was unlocked and I narrowed my eyes, trying to focus on the mission. Slipping through the door silently, I gripped the knife handle tightly. I shut the door a little too hard and cursed under my breath.

"Who's there?" Riley's worried voice spoke from the living room and I heard the TV mute. "Hello? Lennox, I swear if you're trying something funny, it isn't."

When she started to come around the corner, I charged her. Knocking Riley into the wall harshly, I heard a pained squeal come from her lungs. I had tried to stab her heart, but both her hands held the base of the knife- my fist.