~Chapter 4~

Sitting up, I looked around. I was in my bed, in my pajamas, and perfectly fine. I swore everything had just happened. It had been real.

"Riley?" my father opened the door.

"Yeah dad?" I asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "What happened?"

"The young boy Brett knocked on the door with you in his arms. He said you were passed out in one of the alleys in town," my dad sat by my feet, resting his hand on my knee gently. "Was everything alright?"

"I think I was just thinking of mom again," I blinked.

"Alright," my dad patted my leg. "Just let me know of your anxiety next time, okay?"

"Okay dad."

When he left, I got up and then went to my desk. A white slip caught my eye and I looked down at it. Picking it up, I saw Brett's name at the bottom. Rolling my eyes, I carefully read the note.

Riley....please meet me North of town tonight. I have something to give you. :)

"Yeah," I muttered, "I'm totally going to go meet you alone creep."

Throwing the note in the garbage, I went downstairs to get something to eat.

"Your brother is coming to visit," my dad said, sitting at the table reading the newspaper.

"Luke?" I smiled slightly. "Really?"

"Yep," my dad got up and kissed me. "I'm going to work. Do your homework and stay here."

"Alright daddy," I nodded and then heard the door close.

Opening up my books on the table, I made a bowl of cereal while I answered questions from English for a test on Friday. Sometimes high school stunk, but at other times it was okay. Turning on music, I hummed along to "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor. A knock on the door made me stop and I shut off the music. Walking to the door, I peeked through the curtains next to it.

"Riley, open up...it's me Peter," Peter shifted uncomfortably.

"Hey!" I opened the door. "Come in!"

As Peter came in, I saw his face worried and upset. "What's wrong, Peter?"

Sitting down on the couch with him, I held his hand in mine. He sighed, "my mom's in the hospital because of my father."

"Has it gotten worse?"

"Yeah," Peter breathed. "They won't stop fighting. Usually people would've divorced by now, but they're literally trying to kill each other."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"I came here to see if you could make me feel better," Peter said slowly.

Before I realized what he meant, Peter was kissing me and pressing me down on the couch. I tried to push away, but he only put more of his weight on me. Finally kneeing him where the sun didn't shine, I got up and stepped away.

"Peter!"

"What? I thought you liked me the same way," Peter shrugged.

"You are my best friend!" I shouted. "How dare you?"

"Oh come on," Peter walked towards me. "A little fun? I brought protection."

"Get out," I snapped and pushed him away.

"But Riley," he pleaded. "I'm sorry."

"You should've thought before you acted," I opened the door. "Now go!"