~Chapter 23~

Stay away from Bee.

I continued to remind myself about what Ratchet had told me. It was hard. I wanted to talk to Bumblebee about so many things. One was about our intimate moment days ago and others were my worries about leaving. I wanted to know what I was going to have to expect on Cybertron.

Thinking about the faraway planet made chills go up my spine. The closer it got to liftoff, the less certain I became about the entire trip itself. What was there to actually defeat on Cybertron that the Autobots couldn't? What if I died up there? Would my body be buried as I wished or would the Autobots scrap it? All my worries were overwhelming.

"Can you just take a deep breath for me, Riley?" Sideswipe drew me from my thoughts and shook my head. "You look like you're about to pass out."

"Sorry," I breathed. "I'm just getting jittery."

"Because you haven't been around Bee in three days or you're nervous to leave?" Sideswipe set my ship helmet down.

"Both, I guess," I shrugged.

"You have nothing to worry about leaving," Sideswipe sat on the table in front of where I sat on a bench. "It'll be quick getting off of Earth and take us a little longer to reach Cybertron."

"I'm not worried about getting there, but being there," I stated.

Sideswipe's small smile dropped. "If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty scared myself."

I looked slightly up at him in confusion. "But Cybertron is your home."

"I haven't been there in a long time," Sideswipe admitted. "I'm nervous to see what's changed since that time. I think all of us are."

"Last I heard, Cybertron was almost deserted by an Cybertronians," Crosshairs walked up to us in his holoform too. "Since they killed off the rest of the Autobots, there's practically nothing. Going back is one of the only things I'm afraid of."

"If there's nothing there," I blinked, "then why are we going?"

"Megatron knows of you and what you possess. He wants to use Cybertron as a place for his...army to try and stop you. Most of it is already there, waiting for us," Drift joined in.

"I thought Megatron wanted me," I looked to the floor in confusion.

"He does," Crosshairs crossed his arms and opened his mouth to say more.

"But he wants to have your powers," Optimus spoke up, startling me. "Drawing them out of you will allow him to have them, giving Megatron the utmost power."

"What about Lockdown?" I was bitter talking about anything related to the being I'd called my brother. "What does he have to do with anything?"

"He's trying to stop all of this, yet mostly he's after us. Lockdown also wants the power in some way," Optimus explained. "We think he wants to use them, but keep you alive."

"He cares about me," I frowned slightly. "And what are you in this war?"

"We're your back-up," Sideswipe blurted.

"We're your protectors, Riley," Optimus agreed. "We'll follow you whichever path you go."

"You're also wanting my power," I narrowed my eyes. "You want me to stop the other two sides too. Everyone is using me, no matter where I go."

"Your powers are valuable," Optimus blinked. "Everyone will be a little greedy in a battle like this."

"Our side is the best for you because we don't care where you go after all of this," Sideswipe pointed out. "The others will either use you or kill you."