~Chapter 19~

"You don't remember do you?" Optimus had a voice so angry, I thought he might explode into a poem of curse words. "You know how she went back and forth between her favorites. When you were her favorite, she always wore a little bumblebee clip in her hair. Every single day, she wore that clip. She loves you, Bumblebee and that's why I'm trying figure out why you almost killed her."

I blinked with my ear against the door to the interrogation room listening to Optimus and Bumblebee talk.

"I want to talk to her," Bumblebee spoke in a low voice.

"She will speak when she wants to," Optimus was defending me.

"I want to tell her."

"We don't harm humans, Bumblebee. Nothing should have been able to break that. You being around her is the last thing anyone wants."

When there was a long silence, I pulled back from the door and leaned against the wall next to it. Optimus came out of the room, slamming the door. He looked flustered and I watched him silently.

"You heard that whole thing, didn't you?" Optimus looked over to me with a cold blue gaze.

I didn't say anything and instead wrapped my arms around the Autobot leader. If it was in the past, I would've been freaking out to be hugging the actual leader, but now I had gotten used to being around them.

Optimus wrapped his holoform arms around me tightly and I felt my heart flutter. It was still the leader! And he wasn't all that bad looking....

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

I knew Optimus was upset that one of his comrades had tried to kill a human. It was one of their absolute laws....unless the human was trying to kill them back, but even then. Bumblebee was a disappointment to Optimus and it hurt him.

"I'm going to go talk to him," I pulled away from Optimus and his gaze narrowed again. "Alone and in private. I'm prepared, Optimus, I promise."

Optimus saw the knife in my back pocket and slowly nodded. "I'm giving you an hour and if you're not out, then I'm going in."

"Deal," I smiled slightly and then left to go into the room.

My heart pounded loudly when I stepped into the room where Bumblebee's holoform sat at a table, cuffed up.

"Riley!" Bee brightened up when I sat across from him.

"Why'd you try to kill me?" I hissed.

"I can't tell you."

"Optimus was right when he said I loved you. I even wanted to die my hair yellow," I smiled at the memory, "and then get black on the tips at the age of twelve. I was in love with getting a Camaro too."

Bee had pain on his face as I explained. His eyes were lowered so I couldn't see his emotions, but I knew he was feeling one: regret.

"So, I'll ask you again, Bumblebee," I hissed. "Why did you do this?"

"I can't tell you," Bumblebee had watery eyes. "I wish I could. If I do someone will kill everyone I love. You first."

"Lockdown," I whispered.

Bee met my gaze. "Why do you guess?"

"It makes sense," I thought aloud. "He can't touch me or hurt me, Bee."

Bumblebee kept my gaze and I started reaching across the table.

"Because I have you to protect me, just like you promised," I smiled only slightly.