Prologue

UPDATE 2020

Please try to excuse this book for any mixed up storyline moments, confusing grammar or vocabulary, super unrealistic/irrelevant things, etc. I was a lot less mature when I wrote this and my writing skills weren't the greatest!

~~~

I know they're out there.

I know they're watching us, protecting us and that we shouldn't know it; we shouldn't think about them.

But I do.

I always will.

Don't think of me like I'm crazy, because I'm not.

The Cybertronians are on this planet. I know they work with some sort of secret army team and that the government tries to hide them. No one believes in them.

But I feel as if they are real.

I know they are.

* * *

I'm trapped in some sort of box. Dark water is all around me and I know I'm sinking. I try to let out a scream, but stop short when I see my mother and father swimming towards me.

"Don't fight it, Riley," my mother says clearly in the water. "Don't fight it."

"Let it take you," my father whispers.

"What do you mean?" I scream.

My parents only repeat their last words and then disappear. I scream, but this time I'm in the water and my lungs begin to fill with it.

I can't breathe.

Sitting up, I screamed loud. My older brother, Luke, ran in my room and wrapped me up into a huge, comforting hug.

"Sh, sh!" I heard him whisper over my sobbing. "It's alright Riles. I'm here."

Another bad dream.

* * *

"Ratchet?" the deep voice of the leader questioned from the other side of the small control room.

"Her dreams are getting worse. The Decepticons are getting to her easier now. There isn't much time Optimus....before she....."

The mech stopped and looked down. Both of them didn't want to hear the rest of what there was to say. Most of it was almost....unbearable.

"When can we meet her?" the voice of a black mech sounded from behind the leader.

"You are her guardian, Bumblebee. I'm assigning you this mission. Protect her and watch over her, but don't let her know you're there," the leader ignored the black mech and turned towards a smaller one.

"My sort of thing," the black and yellow mech replied through his radio recordings. "I'm on it."

As the mech transformed into the black and yellow Camaro he was, he sped off out of the base to watch over the girl. The mech leader only looked at the ground with his bright blue optics.

Primus help us. We need her. Thought the mech leader.

"Keep a close eye on her Ratchet," the leader pointed a digit at the screen. "Don't let her get away from us again."

"I'll scout around with Bee," a green mech suggested.

"No, stay here," the leader commanded. "If we get her here, it will be easier for her to meet you here."

"Aye, Optimus," the green mech soon disappeared back to the main area of the base.

"I found her, Prime," the light green medic called.

As the mech leader peered at the screen, one name registered through his optics.

Riley Lawson.