8. I'm Moving

One month later
I slowly walked up to Joe's house. Sighing, I ran the doorbell. Patrick answered. As I looked at his face, I broke down crying. Patrick stepped outside and looked at me. He held me in an embrace as I cried. Soon, I stopped crying and was able to talk.
"Patrick," I said.
"Yes?"
"I'm sorry. I have some... bad news."
Patrick looked down at me. We sat on the love seat and I looked into his eyes.
"My mom has gotten a promotion. She has to live in New York if she accepts it. She has accepted it. I have to move tomorrow."
Patrick's eyes lost their shine and he looked away. I choked on a sob and let the waterfall of tears overwhelm me again. Patrick pulled me into his lap and I rested head against his chest.
"I'm so sorry, Pat," I managed to get out.
Pat shushed me and began to rock us back and forth.
"I'll check in with you everyday. I will visit you," Pat said.
I smiled. "Maybe when you get a record deal, you could visit. Then you'll be rich."
We laughed. I pulled back a little and placed my lips lightly on his. He groaned and pulled me closer. We deepened the kiss and soon, I had to leave. I walked into the house to say goodbye to everyone. I called them one-by-one. Andy was first. When I told him, he hugged me.
"We'll check in everyday. I swear."
I smiled and called Joe. He smiled and nodded.
"We'll miss you." He actually hugged me and I laughed.
Pete was next. When I told him, he hugged me.
"Pat is going to be a mess."
"Peterick needs to be in full gear," I whispered.
Pete laughed and walked away. Jess and Willow wasn't there so I told Pete to tell them. I walked back outside and Pat kissed me passionately one last time. I knew we'd never see each other again. I just needed to believe so I wouldn't fall apart. At least, not yet.
I walked away from my friends. My family. My boyfriend. My life. For the first time in my life, I actually belonged and it has been taken away from me. I didn't even want to think about life without Pat.