13. The Concert

I sat on the third row closest to the stage. Jess and Willow sat on my two sides. I was super excited to see the four songs they were going to sing. Patrick was the first to step out. The other three flanked him and got in position.
"Our first song we're proforming is 'The Phoenix,'" Patrick announced.
I smiled and quietly sang along to the song Patrick wrote me. After that song, Fall Out Boy gained confidence of the audience and they clapped and screamed.
"The next one is 'Irresistible,'" Andy announced.
I listened to this song and the whole time, Patrick was staring at me. I blushed when people noticed and shrunk down in my seat. Jess pulled me up and smiled and waved.
"Lastly, we're performing 'American Beauty/American Phycho,'" Pete announced.
I absolutely loved this one. I, along with the crowd, got out of my seat and sang along.
After the concert, Jess, Willow, and I walked backstage.
I found Patrick and hugged him. "You were amazing. All of you. The crowd loved you."
Patrick kissed me. "Thank you. They love you too."
I rolled my eyes and saw Andy and Jess were talking. I smiled.
"My mom is going to kill me," I told Patrick as we walked out back and got into the taxi. We told Pete to tell the guys we were going to the airport.
"I know," Patrick whispered.
"It was worth it," I said.
"I wrote you another song," Patrick told me.
"Really!"
"Yeah. Its called,'Novocaine.'"
I smiled and he played it on his phone. I rested my head against his chest and listened to the song. It was, unsurprisingly, amazing.
"I love it," I said.
"I'm glad. I sent it to your phone. So you can remember me by it."
"Remember you?"
"Liv, I'm gunna be busy with the band..."
My throat burned and tears filled my eyes. "Okay."
"Liv-"
"No! Okay. I'm fine. I'm completely fine. I have enough money for a ticket. I don't need you."
Once at the airport, I ran out of the car and inside. Of course, Patrick followed me. I walked into the bathroom, and he still followed me inside. He shut and locked the door behind us.
"Patrick! You just said you'd push me away for the band!"
Patrick winced. "I didn't mean it that way."
"Well, that's how it sounded."
"I'm sorry."
"Whatever."
I tried to push past him, but he pushed me against the wall and blocked my way with his arms and legs. I groaned.
"Olivia, I didn't want to push you away. I love you. Forever. I can't stand to be without you. I need you. I just won't visit. Often."
"Patrick, that is the definition of pushing away."
I pushed him back and walked out. I got my ticket and sat and waited for my plane to arrive. I saw Patrick leave. I silently cried. Soon, my plane was here and I got on. I really wasn't ready to face my mom...