Chapter 14

In the picture is Miles played by Chris Evans.

Dear Eleanor,

You are reading this because you have found my old ripped shoe box with your name on it in my room. These letters are for you and only you, when I die. I worked with someone who could provide me more money then the job I had here. I worked as a bodyguard for the most wanted person here in the US. He wasn't bad he was actually a good person, you know I would never work for someone bad. While he was attending a football game I was on duty. Someone pulled out a gun and aimed it right at him and it was my job to protect him. We all knew that something was going to happen at that football game and since I was on duty I knew something was going to happen to me. These letters are for everything you will go through for the rest of your life. Example ; Children, graduations, retirement, marriage, and many more. They are labelled all of them. I hope I got everything you would go through in the rest of your life and please remember, I couldn't tell you I was a bodyguard for the most wanted person in the US, and I'm truly sorry for that. I love you Eleanor with all my heart blood related or not, I will always think of you as my sister.
Love,
James.

A knock on the door takes my attention away from looking through the letters. "Who is it?" I call out. "It's your husband." Jamie says. I stand up and open the door.

"What are you doing it's one in the morning?" Jamie asks. I look down at my watch notice that time passed really fast.

"Nothing I just loss track of time." I say yawning walking out my office and locking it behind me. "Okay." Jamie says. Jamie starts to walk up the stairs and I follow him.

I quickly take a shower and wash my hair then change into my pajamas. I join the sleeping Jamie in bed and stare up at the ceiling.

I couldn't stop thinking about James and how he knew he was going to die. "What's keeping you up all night?" Jamie asks taking me away from my thoughts. "Nothing." I lie.

"Eleanor." Jamie scolds me as he leans up on his forearms. "Nothing is keeping me up." I lie again. "Something is because when you go to sleep you don't sleep on your back you sleep on your stomach. Plus you don't sleep with your eyes open." Jamie says.

"One, I do sleep on my stomach but I can't, or else I will crush our baby. Two, it is actually possible to sleep with your eyes open." I say pointing out.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asks me. "Nothing." I says and finally close my eyes. "That's what you always say." Jamie says before turning to face the opposite way from me and going to sleep.

~*~
I wake up the next morning with Jamie not by my side.

I groan and climb out of bed. I quickly take a shower, do my hair, and makeup. I change into some jeans, a white shirt, and a black blazer.

I grab my black flats and walk downstairs. My phone goes off and it's Julian.

"What." I answer.
"Well good morning to you too. You have dress fitting today." Julian says. "Oh Julian I'm pregnant I'm going to grow by the time your wedding happens." I say.

"Ya we're having the wedding in two days." Julian says chuckling. I laugh and smile. "Okay text me the address." I say simply before hanging up.

I walk into the kitchen where everyone is eating. "I'm gonna go bridesmaid dress shopping right now." I announce. "Okay." Jamie says taking a sip of his coffee. Sofia hands me a plate full of food and eat in a hurry.

"I'll be back before 12." I say looking at the clock. Jamie nods and waves goodbye to me. I freeze as I was about to give him a kiss but turn to the kids and give them a kiss.