Chapter 29

"Mrs. Dornan?" The police officer asks again snapping me back to reality.

"Jamie!" I scream dropping my coffee. "What!" Jamie yells back then stops when he sees the lights. "Mr and Mrs. Dornan?" The officer asks. Jamie nods his head.

"I am officer Haggis we just located your daughter if you were wondering. Her and her friend Joc Pederson are hurt from an ancient and are in the Los Angeles county hospital." The officer says. I nod once more and grab the keys from the key rack and my purse.

I grab my slippers and slip them on before throwing Jamie his shoes. I rush out and Jamie starts laughing.

"What are you laughing at lets go!" I yell. "You forgot your children!" Jamie says running upstairs to get James and Bella.

I thank the police officers and ask them to go place a statement with the reporters or get them off my lawn and driveway.

~*~

When we get to the hospital we quickly get notified where Joc's room is but now Julie.

We quickly rush to Joc's room and his whole family is there talking to him.

"Where is my daughter?" I ask Joc. "Eleanor I'm really sorry, there was a blind spot and someone hit us." Joc says.

"No Joc that's horrible my seventeen year old daughter is hurt. Do you not understand that? Do you not understand that I trusted you to drive safely to and from your destination? Do you understand that I trusted you and now I don't? You just hurt our daughter, and we don't even know how hurt she is because the stupid doctors led us to your room." I say.

"Eleanor please no yelling at this hour of the day." Jamie says sitting down with James and Bella.

"How are you taking this so great? That's our daughter!" I yell.

"Because one of us has to stay calm and your not doing it so I am." Jamie says. "Plus I'm too tired to yell at him." Jamie says.

I growl and Jamie closes his eyes.

Joc stays quiet and I chuckle. "Do you even have an update about her at least?" I ask. Joc shakes his head and I growl.

Some of his teammates walk in and say hi to me but I was to angry to say anything back. I walk out the room and bump into Alizza.

"Oh hey." Alizza says smiling at me. "Hi." I say without looking at her. "What's wrong? Hey why are you here anyways?" Alizza asks. "Julie got in a car accident." I say shaking my head.

"Oh cheer up El I'm sure she's okay. She's strong like you." Alizza says pulling me into her arms. I nod and Alizza smiles at me. "But isn't that Joc Pederson's room?" Alizza asks looking down at her clipboard.

"Ya he was the driver." I say. "He's the one who hit her!" Alizza yells. "No he was driving with Alizza." I say. Alizza nods and cools down.

"What me to check on her I think she's in OR 3." Alizza says. "Yes please." I say. Alizza nods and ties on her scrub cap before leaving.

~*~

I wait for a few minutes and Alizza is back with some news. "She has some crush organs but she should be fine." Alizza says. "That's it?" I ask. "Pretty much." Alizza says nodding.

I let go of the breath I didn't even know I was holding and thank the Lord Julie is fine.

~*~

By 7 AM they let us see Julie. I have to wake up Jamie and carry Bella and James but I was okay because Julie was finally out of surgery and in the recovery room upstairs.

Joc asked if he could come but I went against it for right now since I wanted to be alone.

When we get to Julie's room she's asleep and a nurse is checking on her vitals.

Jamie takes a seat and I place James and Bella on the other bed in Julie's room.

I join Jamie and Jamie turns to me and places his hand on my thigh. "Stop worrying." Jamie says placing his head on my shoulder.

A knock on the door scares us and in come Alizza, Henry, Dakota, Rita, Tori, and the Beckham's.

"Sorry they wouldn't stop bugging or leave until I gave the Julie's room." Alizza says. "It's fine." I say.

Alizza gets me an apologetic smile and I nod before she leaves. Henry places the vase of flowers on Julie's bedside along with balloons and a teddy bear.

Victoria does the same and Tori places a get well card with a teddybear.

"How did you guys know she was here?" I ask. "Well when your father is the hottest and most popular actor at the moment you know everything." Victoria says. "Well thank you for coming I'm sure Julie would be happy to see you guys if she was awake." I say smiling.

They all nod and sit down and since there wasn't enough chairs some stood.

"Sorry to bother you guys just came to check in." Kiké says walking in. "It's fine." I say. Kiké nods and takes a look at Julie before frowning.

"Joc was just wondering." Kiké says answering Jamie's question. Jamie nods and Kiké leaves.

~*~
A few hours later the surgeon who was in the OR helping with Julie's surgery comes to talk about her minor and major problems.

Julie can't play softball for about three months for recovery which is bad since she is going to college and she wants a scholarship.

I feel for Julie because I know that's all she wants to do and I get her. I also know she will be even more sad since Jamie and I laid down a rule that she can't see Joc anymore.

Joc came to check on her here and there around the clock asking how she was doing and we gave the same hour every time.

After everyone left more people came and then once they left more came and it kept going like that for awhile until I said no visitors anymore.

The news reporters kept asking me for a statement about Julie's condition so I let the chief of surgery and Jamie go do that since I wasn't on any condition to do that at the time.

The thing is though, I've lost so many people in my life, that I wasn't going to accept my daughter Julie Lola Dornan die on me now, because that would be devastating.