Chapter 28

I could have sworn I left my favorite heels in my closet but they were nowhere to be found.

It's just something about those heels that made me brave because I had this height that made me look scary and strong and the way they'd click against the floor and everyone would look up at me in the office and fix their posture.

Yet my favorite heels were missing, no are missing. I have looked everywhere and I still haven't found them.

I grab my black strap pumps that hate because they give me a bad tan. I strap them on and walk downstairs.

Since everyone is sleeping I figured I would just eat the breakfast at work which barely happens since usually Sofia would make me something.

I drive to work alone since Marie decided that I didn't need any bodyguards anymore.

When I get to work I tell Amanda to get me coffee and breakfast. "So first day without Brooklyn how does it feel?" I ask Henry.

"Different." Henry says after thinking. I nod and he hands me my iPad. "We have nothing today, but we do have some manuscripts that need to be accepted by you." Henry says.

"Thank you." I say and walk up to my office. Amanda hands me my coffee and a glazed donut. I quickly eat then get to work.

~*~
After two hours Amanda knocks on my door saying I have visitors. I nod at her informing her to let them in.

Two of my favorite people walk in, my grandma and grandpa. It's amazing that their still alive and well, which amazes me.

"Sorry dear we just went to your house but you weren't there but thank God that handsome husband of yours told us where you were." Grandma says pulling me into a hug.

"We didn't mean to bother you but your grandmother wanted to see you." Grandpa says smiling at me.

"It's fine you guys aren't bothering me at all." I say smiling.

"And now you have Henry work here. That's wonderful that you have some family here since most of them came out to be doctors." Grandma says.

"Oh ya, Henry and I wanted to run our own business but my daughter Julie wants to go to medical school and be the exact same thing as Andrea." I say.

"Oh wow you have a bright child dear." Grandma says sitting down on a chair.

"So we got your invitation to the wedding at your grandma here wanted to ask if she can speak at it." Grandpa says getting to the point.

I chuckle and smile at my Grandma. "Of course you can but you two have to be there at the rehearsal for the wedding." I say.

"I know." Grandma says rolling her eyes. I smile and she stands up. "Well since your handsome husband of yours invited us for dinner we'll just go back and help cook." Grandma says.

"Grandma you can just call him Jamie." I say laughing. "Oh no that won't do." She says giving me one last hug before leaving.

~*~
When I finally get home my grandparents and Jamie are talking in the living room about the wedding, and James and Bella are playing with Julie.

"Hey." Jamie says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. Jamie turns back to my grandparents so I walk to the kids.

"Hi." Julie says smiling. "Hey, how was school?" I ask picking up one of the blocks James is playing with.

"Good, oh also Joc is gonna take me out tonight to practice." Julie says. I nod and Jamie turns to us. "You better be careful." Jamie says. "I will." Julie says turning back to James and Bella.

~*~

Later that night, wait actually early that morning at 2 am Jamie and I were still awake waiting for Julie's arrival but she never came.

"If she doesn't come in less than a half an hour, I'm calling the police." I say. Jamie nods in agreement as he sips his coffee to keep him awake.

A few minutes pass by and the doorbell rings. I stand up quickly to answer the door but Jamie trails behind.

I open the door to see the police cars lined up in front of my house and news reporters outside with cameras snapping.

"Mrs. Dornan?"