Chapter 35

20 Years later*

"Oh stop it!" James says laughing at Bella.

"Oh not to mention that your getting married!" Julie says at James.

"Oh yes, that's why we're all here for." James says rolling his eyes.

"Mom please remind these fools why they're here." James says.

I smile and take a sip of the champagne.

"Honey come over here." Jamie calls me over to the bar. I stand up and walk over to the bar where Jamie orders two drinks.

"So Ben is coming late, and Denise and Derek are stuck in traffic." Jamie says.

"Okay that's fine." I say.

Jamie nods and hands me another champagne glass.

"I can't believe it. Almost all of our children are married." Jamie says. "All there's left is Derek and Ben and it's all on them." I say.

Jamie nods smiling.

Julie ended up getting married to a boy named Daniel. Bella is married to a boy named Steve. Denise is married to a girl named Lucy, she's sweet. James is getting married to our old neighbor Jane.

"So mom wanna let us in a secret of marriage." James says.

"The secret to marriage is that there is no secret." I say.

James takes awhile to get what I said which makes Jamie laughs.

"I'll put that to mind. What about you dad?" James asks. "Treat her like a princess." Jamie says pulling me close to him.

I smile and nod. "That is something she will never forget." I say pointing out.

Jamie smiles and I laugh.

~*~

The wedding went great. Ben, Denise, and Derek came just in time.

Jamie and I were now giving a speech for the wedding which kept making me laugh as Jamie was telling some funny memories of James.

"Let's just say this to both of you. Love each other forever, every day of forever." I say smiling as I raise my glass.

"Hey that's what you said at your wedding no cheating!" Julie yells.

"Fine then. Infinity." I say clinking my glass with Jamie's.

Jamie smiles and chuckles. "Forever."