Chapter 23

"I can't think!" I yell at the paparazzi that stand outside the hospital. "You say you want something for the paper I'm giving you something so shut up!" I yell again.

The crowd goes silent but the flashes of the camera keep going.

"My husband Jamie Dornan is in the hospital due to a brain tumor located in the back of his brain. This was started as a fever about four days ago and ended in a brain tumor. There are questions both we and the doctors do not know at the time so please be patient but until then please give Jamie and our family some privacy thank you." I say stepping off the podium.

I wipe my tears from my eyes and grab James and Bella from Nicole's arms.

Bella decides to walk and I allow her to. We all walk up to Jamie's room where his bed is not empty and he's in the OR getting operated on.

Bella squeezes my hand signaling that she wants my attention. "Yes?" I ask bending down to her height. "Where daddy?" Bella asks pointing at the empty bed.

"The doctors are going to make him feel better." I say smiling. Bella nods and walks towards the bed before climbing on top of it.

"Where Sammy?" Bella asks remembering that I was suppose to have a bump. I frown and let James sit next to Bella.

"Sammy is in the sky." I say giving Bella a small smile. "Flying?" Bella asks excited. "Yes." I say chuckling.

James lays his head on Bella's lap
and Bella plays with his hand.

~*~

Jamie comes out of surgery and he lays in his bed with a bandage wrapped around his head. Even with his eyes tired he looks tired and weak.

These past few days have been hell for me. It's been bouncing back on two emotions of worried and sad. The two emotions I now hate.

James and Bella lay asleep on two hospital chairs put together.

"Mrs. Dornan how are you holding up?" The rude doctor named Dr. Hilton.

"Good, tired but fine." I say. "Okay that's great, just came to check on Jamie." He says untying his scrubcap.

How is that great? That I'm good yet tired. I'm tired of all this bullshit this doctor has given me these past few days.

Dr. Hilton begins to examine Jamie and I sit there starring at him making sure he doesn't hurt Jamie.

"Okay I'll check in later." He says before leaving.

I move my chair closer to Jamie's bed and grab his hand. His hand feels different.. it's cold. Usually Jamie's hand are warm that's why I usually held them to make my hands warmer but now his hands are cold.

~*~
The next day I pick Jamie's sisters to take them to visit Jamie.

"So where are the kids?" Tori asks.

"James and Bella are with my cousin Alizza and Julie is at the hospital with Jamie."

"Has he woken up yet?" Jessica asks.

"No not yet." I say keeping my eyes on the road.

Jessica sighs and I turn into the hospitals parking lot.

When we get to Jamie's hospital room I'm greeted by my parents. "Mom, Dad I didn't know you guys were coming." I say surprised.

"Our son in law is in the hospital Eleanor of course we are going to come and visit him." Mom says. I nod and introduce them to Jamie's sisters.

"Has he woken up yet?" Mom asks me: I shake my head no and she nods.

"Well doctors say we can't stay for long, we're heading back to our room." Mom says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Take care." Dad says to Jamie's sisters before leaving.

I leave the room to give Jamie and his sisters privacy and Julie does the same.

"What if he doesn't wake up?" Julie asks. "He well don't worry." I say pulling her into a hug.

~*~

The next day is when I was suppose to get fitted for my wedding dress and also get the bridesmaids dresses.

"You go and get fitted for your dress." Julie says waving me off as she takes a seat next to Jamie's bedside.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "Yes, of course I am he's going to wake up, and when he does you two will get married in front of everyone that you two love." Julie says grabbing her fathers hand.

"I'll even take care of James and Bella." Julie says motioning to the sleeping James and Bella.

"Okay." I say agreeing with her. She smiles and hugs me before I text all the bridesmaids that today is still on.

~*~

"I like the lavender one."

"I think the light pink one would look good."

"What about the navy blue one?"

"That one is nice."

All the bridesmaids fight over what dress I pick but I lean back on my seat and enjoy the show.

"I say the navy blue one." I say finally giving in. "Yes!" Tori says bragging that I picked her dress.

The bridesmaids dress I chose was a strapless maxi navy blue dress.

I was glad Sophia, Eleanor, Victoria, and Gemma could fly in yesterday night since they were all out of town. But I was still sad that Julie couldn't come since she wanted to stay by Jamie's side in case he woke up.

"Okay your turn!" Victoria says excited. I smile and she hands me a strapless wedding dress with a silver belt that goes around my waist.

I walk into the dressing rooms and try it on but ended up hating it. Not because I looked fat in it are I didn't like the dress. I hated it because every time I stand in a wedding dress Jamie is sick, and it hurts me that my husband is sick.

~*~

We finally pick a dress and leave. Eleanor, Sophia, Victoria, and Gemma end up coming back to the hospital with me so they can visit Jamie.

Gemma and Victoria drag all of us to the gift shop to get something to decorate Jamie's boring white hospital room.

We get to Jamie's room and he still lays there on his bed asleep. "He hasn't woke up?" I ask Julie. Julie shakes her head and I nod.

"I'm gonna go and get coffee." Julie says handing me James. I nod and she leaves the room.

"Mrs. Dornan how are you? Actually I just came to check in on Jamie." Dr. Hilton says looking down at his clipboard.

"So more guess? Don't you think Jamie should get rest? Well he is right now but still." Dr. Hilton continues.

I widen my eyes at his cruel sentences.

"Excuse me? My husband is on his lifeline right now, and you have that to say to me? My husband is everything to me! Everything! He is the father of my children, my best friend, enemy, and much more. So don't ask me how I'm doing at the moment because I feel horrible and when you ask me how I am makes it even worse. So shut up and do your job because that's what your paid for." I yell.

Dr. Hilton widens his eyes but listens. "Sorry Mrs-"

"Just go." I say cutting the rude doctor off.

~*~

Day three went even slower than the past two days. I sat by Jamie's side the whole day praying that God will just give him back to me.

Jamie looks different, pale, skinner, and different. The pink color of his lips aren't pink anymore, his cheeks are very skinny that is shows his cheek bones, and the thing I mostly hate is that he looks tired, very tired. How is that even possible?

That someone could be asleep but look tired?

I grab ahold of his cold hands and wrap my two hands around his.

All I want is my Jamie to be back.