Chapter 25

Day sixteen*

I rub my hands together as I walk out the house. Why did I wear a dress today? It's freezing outside.

The rain doesn't help either, and I fully hate my brain at the moment for telling me to wear a dress today.

I pull out my umbrella and Conner helps me to the car.

We drive to the hospital and walk inside. The cold hospital AC hits me and I pull on the coat I brought.

"Hello Mrs. Dornan." The front desk nurse says smiling at me. I wave at her and she hands me my visitors tag.

I clip in on my coat and walk to the elevator. People start to remember me around here. The nurses on this floor now know me and the security does too.

I reach Jamie's room and open the door. He's in his usually position and I take a seat by his bed.

"Hey there Eleanor." One of the nurses say poking their head through the door. "Hi Genesis." I say smiling. "How are you dear? Need some coffee?" She asks her British accent strong.

"Yes please." I say smiling. She nods and leaves.

A few minutes later she hands me the coffee and takes a seat next to me. "You know miracles happen around here." Genesis says placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes." I say sipping my coffee. "It's really amazing." She continues and looks at Jamie.

"He's strong, very strong. He will fight this Eleanor, you just hang in there." Genesis patting my back before leaving.

I close to my eyes and grab Jamie's hand.

No matter how long it takes for Jamie to wake up I'll stay here.

~*~
Day Seventeen

I rush to the hospital at work due to doctors bringing Jamie back into the OR.

I run to his room and find his bed empty. Alizza walks in and frowns at me. "You okay El?" Alizza asks when I begin to cry.

I shake my head and she brings me into a hug. She slowly rubs my back up and down and I cry harder.

"Jamie isn't just some ordinary boy I meet in high school and gave my virginity to, he's the boy I had a crush on since middle school. Then we were stupid. He's the one who gave me my children and a house and a wonderful life I will cherish forever. He's the one who could fix my heart, for God's sake Alizza he's my husband and I don't want to lose him after us fighting over each other and finally settling down." I cry.

Alizza nods and listens carefully. "Don't you worry El he's going to be fine, we're all going to be fine."

~*~
Day eighteen

Since the Dodgers and Kings heard about Jamie being in the hospital they both wanted to take me and Jamie's sisters out for dinner tonight to keep our minds off what's happening in that hospital.

Of course I agreed not wanting to turn down their offer.

I drag myself into the closet Jamie and I share and stare at his clothes. I frown and brush my hands across his shirts that hang.

I walk to my side of the closet and pick out my high neck sleeveless black dress and my black pump strap heels.

I leave my hair straight and do my makeup before grabbing my bag and saying goodbye to Julie before leaving.

Since I didn't want to drive or take my car Joc and Alec volunteered to pick me up and I agreed.

I wait outside with Meredith and a black limo pulls up. I chuckle at their transportation tonight but walk towards it.