Chapter 21

In the picture is Joc Pederson.

I wake up the next day to the smell of pancakes and bacon.

I instantly climb out of bed and walk downstairs. Everyone smiles at me and Sofia hands me my regular breakfast which is yogurt and granola.

"I'm going into work." I say to Jamie. "Why you just got out the hospital?" Jamie asks clearly not supporting the idea of me going back to work.

"Why don't you work at the office?" Jamie asks.

"Because I think it's unprofessional to fire people without telling them to their face." I say. "Who are you firing?" Jamie ask. "A lot of people actually." I say.

Jamie widens his eyes and I take a seat next to him. "Also Nicole says my parents are in the hospital since they had some injuries so I'm gonna go visit them after work." I say.

"Eleanor stay home, you just got out the hospital." Jamie says. "I got out the hospital yesterday and I went to a dodger game. I'll be fine." I say.

"No your staying home and that's final." Jamie says handing his plate to Sofia before walking upstairs.

"Nicole is someone at the hospital guarding my parents?" I ask turning to her. "Yes ma'am." She says. I nod and finish off my breakfast.

I grab Bella from her seat and she begins to smile. "Okay we're taking off." Niall says. "Okay, you two be safe and I'll see you when you come back for the wedding." I say.

They both nod and lean down to hug me before tickling Bella. "Be safe." I say. "Yes mom." Louis says rolling his eyes before closing the door.

"How did you guys sleep?" I ask turning to the guest. "Great." Enrique says smiling. "Are you sure my security didn't make you feel uncomfortable?" I ask.

"No they were fine." Zack says smiling. I nod and they all finish their breakfast.

"We could leave now if you want us to not be in your way." Clayton says. "No it's fine." I say smiling.

"Down please." Bella says looking up to me. I nod and place her on her feet. She walks up to Joc and she smiles. Bella opens her arms wide telling Joc to pick her up.

Joc listens and Bella giggles. "Looks like someone has a crush." I say laughing. Joc chuckles and I stand up from my seat.

"Good morning." Julie says walking into the kitchen. "Good mood?" I ask wondering why she is so happy today.

"Brooklyn wants to go on a date." Julie says smiling. "Oh, that's good." I say not really fond of the idea of Julie running back to Brooklyn.

"You probably hate him now." Julie says. "I rather not talk about it now." I say. Julie nods and Jamie joins us. "I have my first game of the season tonight you guys coming?" Julie asks looking up at Jamie and I.

"Of course we are." Jamie says grabbing James' bib. "Okay well I'm taking off to practice now." Julie says and that's when I notice her in her softball practice clothes.

"Okay drive safe please." I say. Julie nods and waves goodbye to everyone before leaving.

"Your daughter plays softball?" Zack asks. "And soccer." Jamie says. "That's good, people her age are usually out parting since it's their last year in high school. That's good she's not in that group." Enrique says.

"Thank god she doesn't." Jamie says feeding James.

"So did you want to visit your parents now?" Jamie asks. "Um sure, did you guys want to come along?" I ask turning to the boys and Ellen.