Chapter 30

I grip onto Julie's hand so tight that the nurse had to help me get my hand off her.

Jamie had left home since the kids were whining and I didn't want to leave.

Julie didn't look the same and it reminded me of when Jamie was here. She had the pale lips, lighter skin, and it looked like she didn't have no life in her, no soul.

"Eleanor?" Someone asks noting me. I turn and see Amanda standing there. "Amanda." I say surprised. "Hi, I was just visiting my Dad down the hall." Amanda says blushing.

"I didn't mean to bug you." Amanda adds. "Oh you weren't." I say smiling. "Did you need anything?" Amanda asks.

"Oh no darling I'm fine." I say. Amanda nods giving me a warm hug before leaving to see her Dad.

Julie stirs and I turn my full attention to her to see what's going on. Julie opens her eyes and squints when she sees how bright it is.

I chuckle and she turns to me. "Where's Joc?" Julie asks. "He's downstairs don't worry." I say. Julie nods but flinches when it hurts her.

"Where's Dad, I want to see him." Julie says. "He's at home with James and Bella." I say.

It's pretty much an awkward silence after that. I sit here in my chair looking at the closed window with curtains covering it and Julie lays down starring at the wall in front of her.

I didn't know exactly why it was awkward but I didn't like it one bit.

~*~

A little later Jamie comes with the kids and since they were whining again I decided to take them home and let Jamie stay with Julie.

Once we get home the kids calm down and I walk them to their rooms so they can go back to sleep since it was early in the morning and I needed sleep.

I tell Sofia to keep an eye on them since I was going to sleep and she agreed before going downstairs to clean up the already cleaned up house.

~*~

After my four hour nap I walk downstairs to find the kids eating a late breakfast with Sofia and Tyler. "Nice to see you back." I say smiling at Tyler.

"It's good to be back." Tyler says smiling.

"Well I'm heading back to the hospital so can one of you get the kids ready?" I ask. They both nod and I walk upstairs to get ready.

I take a shower washing my hair. Once I get out I blow dry my hair and change into some jeans and white shirt. I slip on my white converse and walk downstairs.

The kids are ready and since I didn't want to drive I bring along Tyler with us.

~*~

When we get to the hospital Joc is in Julie's room talking away and Jamie is listening to their conversation.

"Hi." Jamie says standing up to help me with James and Bella. I give him a small smile and sit down in one of the chairs in Julie's room.

I yawn still tired and Jame frowns. "Your still tired?" Jamie asks. "Yes." I say yawning again. Jamie chuckles and takes a seat next to me putting James on his lap at the same time.

"You should go home then. Go get some rest." Jamie says turning to me. "No, I want to stay with Julie." I say pointing to Julie.

"Didn't you make a rule about her and Joc?" Jamie asks. "Yes." I say. "Why don't you tell them then?" Jamie asks.

"Because I'm too tired to explain myself." I say laughing. Jamie chuckles and pulls me close to him. "Hey." Henry says walking in. "Hi." I say smiling.

Henry smiles at Julie and places the balloons on her bedside desk. Julie quietly thanks him and continues to talk to Joc.

"Whose the guy?" Henry asks walking towards me. "His name is Joc, Julie likes him but Joc is 22." I say.

"Ouch, that must hurt her a lot." Henry says. "No she's not allowed to see him after this." Jamie says. "According to Eleanor's rules." Jamie adds.

Henry chuckles and looks towards me. "Let them be Eleanor they're just trying to find the love of their life." Henry says taking a seat next to me.

"No, I will not." I say crossing my arms. "Let them be, El I'm serious Julie would be mad at you for life if you kept them apart." Henry scolds me.

"She can't even date him, she's 17 and he's 22. So even if I let them they can't." I say. Henry nods finally agreeing and I smile proving my point.

"So you guys are getting married next week. How does it feel?" Henry asks. "It feels like it's going way too slow." Jamie says. "What do you mean?" Henry asks.

"It feels like the week is going slow." Jamie says. Henry nods and looks towards Bella. Bella blushes and Henry swoops her up and she giggles.

"Hope I'm not barging in on anything." Adam says knocking on the door.

I widen my eyes surprised that he's here and so does Jamie. "Oh hey Adam." Julie says noticing his presents. "And of course not." Julie adds answering his question.

Adam nods and places a box of chocolate along with a card with the get well presents Julie has gotten.

"Thank you." Julie says smiling at him and he nods. "This is my friend Joc, Joc this is my Mom's friend Adam." Julie says introducing the two. Adam shakes his hand then walks towards me to give me a hug.

"So how are you guys, and the kids." Adam says kneeing down to Bella and James.

"Good." Jamie says nodding his head. "How did you know Julie was in the hospital?" I ask getting to the question I've been dying to ask since I saw him in the door way.

"Oh Henry." Adam says pointing to Henry. Henry shrugs when I turn to him and I shake my head.

"Look I hope what happened between us didn't mean we couldn't be friends." Adam says looking at me.

"You told my wife to divorce me to get with you." Jamie says. "I know and I'm sorry, I though we had something when we met but you came and swooped her up and I couldn't say anything because every time I called her she didn't answer, because she was with you or at work." Adam says.

"Adam likes you!" Julie asks surprised. "Damn looks like Dad has to be more protective." Julie says shaking her head at Jamie.

Henry chuckles and I shoot him a glare. "Well then you should've told me before I met Jamie." I say to Adam. "So you liked me?" Adam asks. "No I didn't I told you many times before I liked you as a brother but you still should've told me." I say.

"What's the point when you would've said no?" Adam asks. "What's the point of asking me to divorce Jamie to get with you when you know I would've said no?" I ask.

"You have a point there." Adam says nervously. I nod and grab Jamie's hand. "Okay fine then, I'll leave you two alone." Adam says turning around and leaving the room.

~*~

After Joc leaves we all talk about the rules for Julie and Joc and that is they can't hangout together but when they do it has to be in front of Jamie and I or when they go practice they take Tyler.

Julie wasn't mad at all she got the whole thing but she was mad that we had to watch them when they hung out.

After dinner Julie quickly falls asleep and since she didn't want us to stay here we left but kept Tyler there since we knew at one point in the night she would want to go to Joc's room.

I mean if my mom ever set rules like that I would do that. Except since I already know all the tricks a teenager can pull I was one step ahead of her.

As soon as we got home Tyler called saying Julie headed to Joc's room and he followed keeping an eye on them.