Chapter 24

Day four*

I hate the stupid clock in Jamie's room and how loud it is whenever a minute passes by as it ticks.

"This is not how we end Jamie, not by a stupid brain tumor." I say grabbing ahold of his cold hands I hate.

I'm glad Julie decided to take James and Bella out to the park to give Jamie and I some alone time.

"We cannot end like this. I mean we met in high school and had sex then I left. There has to be a reason God made us meet again after all these years." I say.

"Not that many people get to meet a guy like you." I say wiping my tears.

"Hmm." Someone says behind me.

I turn to face the five boys that have become a big part of my life for the past one and a half years.

"Awh don't dry El." Louis says as I begin to cry. Louis brings me into a tight hug and I cry harder.

"We aren't suppose to end like this. There has to be a reason why we met again. This can't be it." I cry.

Louis rubs my back and I cry harder.

"Like they say you need to be able to have the rain to have a rainbow." Louis whispers. "This is the rain El." He adds.

I nod and try to stop crying but I can't, I won't and I don't know why. "How did you guys find out?" I ask taking a seat. "Julie." Niall says taking a seat next to me.

I nod and look at Jamie. "How long has he been out?" Liam asks. "Four days." I say not looking at any of them. "Don't worry Eleanor. Jamie's strong." Liam says placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I know." I say looking up at him.

~*~
Day Five came along and it was slower than yesterday's.

The boys decided to stay one more night since they do need to go back on their tour.

We all decide to take a break from all the sadness in that hospital room and go out to dinner.

We go out to the restaurant by the house which is another memory of when Jamie went to the hospital because we got into a stupid fight.

I seat next to Louis and Harry since they both wanted to take care of James and Bella and I wanted to watch as they did.

"So how's school Julie?" Liam asks making a conversation as the food arrives.

"Great!" Julie says smiling. "That's good, any new things going on?" Liam asks. Julie shakes her head no and I look down at my food.

"I haven't been to school ever since my Dad got sick." Julie says awkwardly. Liam frowns and we all eat in silence.

~*~

Day six is the day the boys go home and I have to drop them off at the airport which was really sad for me since they did cheer me up a bit.

Jamie is still sleeping so I go home and rest, except I didn't sleep in our bed I slept in Julie's room on the floor.

~*~
Day seven was when I finally decided to go to work and I didn't enjoy one second of it.

Henry was giving me the silent treatment which I didn't mind at all, but he eventually needs to get over it just like I did.

Brooklyn didn't show up due to family matters and Amanda was there as her cheerful self.

I spent most of the day canceling meetings and starring at manuscripts in my office.

~*~

Day seven marked a week and I went back to work as my normal self doing my job.

James and Bella went to Dakotas house to spend time with her which I didn't mind at all.

"You have a call." Amanda says walking into my office. I nod and pick up the phone on my desk.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello any news on Jamie?" Tori's voice says.

"No." I say sadly.

"Oh sorry to bug you at work just wondering since I haven't had time to visit him with work and all." Tori says.

"It's no problem, see you soon." I say before handing up.

~*~

Day eight was the day Bella started asking for Jamie, which broke my heart.

Julie has been staying at the hospital night and day. "Julie why don't you go home and take a shower?" I ask placing my hand on her shoulder.

Julie shakes her head and grabs Jamie's hand.

"He never left my side when I needed him. He needs us now, I'm not going anywhere." Julie cries.

I frown and take a seat next to her. "Julie why don't I take your place while you go? Then when you come back you can have your place back?" I ask.

Julie nods and stands up to leave.

It's quiet in the room and the only thing you can hear is the heart machine attached to Jamie.

"Hey just came to check in." Alizza says giving me a warm smile. "Hi." I say returning her a smile.

"Here." Alizza says handing me one of he coffees she's holding. "Thank you." I say quietly.

Alizza nods and shoves her hand in her scrubs pocket. "Well I'm heading home now did you want James and Bella to spend the night with me?" Alizza asks.

"No it's fine." I say nodding my head assuring her we'll be fine.

Alizza nods and waves goodbye before leaving.

~*~

Day nine was when Julie decided to go to school which I was glad that she did. But she just came home in years due to the kids asking her why she was absent.

I didn't really get why she was crying because it was just a question but I finally realized it kept hurting her to see her Dad is in a coma and it's the ninth day.

~*~

Day ten came and Henry came for a visit which was surprising. He brought flowers and everything to lighten up this boring room, and also told me the Bliss is no longer in his life.

Also in that day Jamie's parents finally came back from there vacation and thanked me for staying by his side, but hey isn't that what I'm suppose to do?

~*~

Day eleven is when the whole Fifty Shades of Grey cast came to visit Jamie. The movies due date was pushed back due to Jamie's condition and I thanked them for doing that.

~*~

Day twelve was the day when Dr. Hilton asked me if I wanted to pull the plug and I almost hit him with the flower vase that lays on Jamie's desk. I quickly said no and he left the room.

In that day more family begin to visit Jamie as if he was dying but he wasn't he was just simply recovering from his surgery.

~*~

Day thirteen was when the doctors started to run test and Jamie but in my opinion I think they should of done that a long time ago.

~*~
Day fourteen was okay, everyone was on there normal schedule. Julie goes to school, I go to work, we come home, and eat dinner. But we ended up going to the hospital.

That's also the day Julie began to lose hope so I was the only visiting Jamie with James and Bella.