Where the Sun Hides It's Tears

He was breathing hard and fast when he saw himself awake from a night that he couldn't describe. All that he remembered was a feeling of him choking from a grasp that he can't really see or feel. It was cold like ice in the middle of the night and hard as a newly mined diamond. He didn't know what to react, but to act instictively to grasp for breath his lungs longed for. His heart throb fast and loud as if he could hear his own heart race with the pulse on his head.

"Finally awake are you?" A deep voice sounded through the area as he looked around frantically looking for a the source of that sound.

"Look up!" The voice said and he was saw a silhoutte hanging in the cieling with an eerie feeling on it. His blood boiled the instant he knew what they person above was. He was a vampire and the wolf in his blood made sure that the hot temptation to bite the person's head of was growing. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait there boy, don't go killing of your own kind." He said and then he jump, well dropped down from the cieling. And landed softly on the floor with a soft thud of it's boots. "First, off, what's your name?"

Ean was confused by what the man said about killing your kind, and he wasn't sure how to respond to that as the wolf inside him began drawing back from him. He looked at the man, and he was smiling. He tried to concentrate if this was an illusion. One of the thing that Kidd teach back in the castle was to distinguish an illusion from reality through concentrating the power to shift only in a specific part of the body. Ean shifted his eyes into his wolf's eye. He saw the vampire snickered around and then walked towards him.

"You don't have to do that boy, we, vampires are not the type to make an illusion to weak people such as yourself." From his tone, Ean's blood boiled up even once more. He doesn't understand why but it hurt his pride more than before. "Then it's true." He said and bowed to Ean, that made Ean more confused than before, and the hot feeling inside him calmed down and the normal sensation went back to him.

"What's happening?" He finally mastered to speak out even though his throat hurts from the arid dryness of his body.

"You, Ean Grey Stryker, are the last of your clan of Hybrids." The vampired finally said to him while looking a little sad about Ean.

"What do you mean? How do you know me? And what do you mean by me being an Hybrid?" Ean asked straight without any pause looking for answers he was confused on. "Who are you? And What are your relations with me?"

"Whoa, calm down boy, one step at a time." The vampire said and he seated himself on the air floating. "First, off, let me introduce myself. I am Ragnar, and I am a DragonFolk Vampire. The first of my kind." Ean thought for a second that he was actually right about being a vampire, but this is the first time that he saw a DragonFolk that can be turned into a vampire. Ean thought hard on how a superior race can be a vampire, maybe it could be the same process. "I see that you are thinking how a powerful race can be a vampire right?" Ean was caught open by that question and he just brought out a soft shy smile to Ragnar. "but that topic will be for the other day."

"My relations to you are simple. You are my great great great great great grandchild." Ragnar snickered as he saw how low the jaws of Ean are dropping and how long it takes for him to process that his great grandfather is standing in front of him when his own grand father was already due to old age.

Ean looked at Ragnar and what he sees is a teenage boy almost the same age as him, maybe a little older, but Ean was already on his nineteen years of age in the human time. How could Ragnar, even a vampire stay that young? He doesn't feel magic to be casted on the body, and there sure are no illusion in him or in his system. So how he questioned himself. "Again, what you may be thinking, save that for another day." Ragnar still snikering on his deep voice tapped Ean's head while floating in mid-air.

"Ok, next question." Ragnar said and he hovered in the air again. "I know you are a hybrid because you grew wings during your sleep for the past one week since I saw you in an open field near my cave." Ragnar said.

"But I don't feel anywings from me now?" Ean questioned.

"Because the wolf in you cannot accept the other part of yourself that is being a vampire." Ragnar said. It made sense to Ean because he was depending on his inner wolf to fight enemies and to defend himself after a long while, specially when X grew berserked. Now that he remembered what happened before, he jumped out on the bed only to fell hard on the cave floor after being snagged by a chain that was securely cuffed on his feet. "I can't just let you go." Ragnar said.

"Where are my friends? I need to find them." Ean said, while trying to break free from the chain, but the chain was too hard for him to break, even his brute stregnth as a were folk.

"I don't know where they are, but knowing you, they could be safe." Ragnar said. "Maybe."

"MAYBE!?" Ean bursted through and got up fast and took the collar of Ragnar and held him hight to make him look equal. "Don't you know that someone tried to kill us in the town?" Ragnar just floated in the air while letting Ean let out some steam. Ean said a lot of things including the attack and how they met a pale man that control the fire in the air without any incantations or magic circles. And how an addition of another Star of Reincarnation appeared, much stronger than them before, who was a rare Dragon Folk who was supposed to be gone in the world, including the wierd vision and world they have been.

"Are you done now?" Ragnar said after seeing Ean nothing left to say and was breathing hard again. Maybe due to fatuige and Ean hasn't ragained his stregnth completely.

"Fine, talk." Ean said as he seated himself on the white bed and tried to calm down after seeing that Raganar was just fleetingly listening to him as he let out a growl every now and then as he hysterically talked all his experience before.

"Alright, now let us go to your first question earlier." Ragnar stopped floating in the ground and took a sit on the chair that was beside the counter of the bed. "What I mean about you being the last one of your clan." Ragnar explained that the humans already hunted down all his family and relatives as well as his father's followers. Ean tried to confirm that by feeling the bond between his family. It was true. The bond was gone, he doesn't know what to do. He didn't know what to do. As if he lost all the reason to live.

Ean's brown eyes turns dull and lifeless. As slowly but surely, and Ragnar saw that, "Ean! Wake up! Don't let depression consume you. If you are consumed by it, you won't be able to turn back! Don't let the fog get to your eyes!" He shouted. Ragnar doesn't know how to reverse the effect of emotion as he was not an expert in the field of emotion. He was thinking hard on how to remove the dull color on Ean's eyes as it slowly consumes the sunny glow of Ean's eyes into the night.

"Damn it, Ean!" Ragnar took Ean and he flew fast out of the cave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Don't forget to comment and vote ok? Also, share this to your friends. Every vote and comment gets us writers, motivated to continue their story. It's just a second away from clicking it and you won't get hurt by it.

P.S.S

Sorry, ut was a short chapter, School and work is eating me up, and I just happen to find a time to write. Tell us what you think, where do you think The Sun Hides it's Tears?