The Face of the War

"Hey, Snow!" Shouted by the boy who was covered in a very thick jacket made of black fur. His head showing while the wind blows hard to in the surrounding, covering the area with a deep white sheet of frozen liquid. Raven black hair and an ominous warm aura surrounded the head. Snow looked back while he hovered around the area, "Where are we going anyway?"

"We will meet someone very special." A short reply made the three youngsters looked at each other while trying to make themselves warm with, magic or their innate ability to adapt. It was, however, different from X since he is already a being that can easily adapt to whatever kind of environment that he will be facing. As for Reighn, she uses her environment to ward off the snow, but for Kyler, it was different. Having born from the tropical plains from the other side of the continent, he really has to use magic to make sure that he can still walk despite the freezing temperature.

"I wonder who was that special person?" Kyler cursed under his breath, surely, this Snow guy will lead them somewhere and then kill them. He was, after all, still a damaged being because of the trauma they got into as well as the things that already happened to them. Kyler remembered how they were transported from the frontier town to this mountain by the man who was leading them now:

"Now you know me, what are your names?" Snow asked the three kids.

"My name's X, and this is Reighn and Kyler." X introduced them after cooling down at the back of the fountain. Snowflakes gathering on his cold hair and it doesn't seem to melt.

"Alright, X, Reign and Kyler, hold onto your seats because we are going to out." And a magic circle suddenly appeared below them and light enveloped the surroundings, and the next thing they knew when the flash subsided, they were already on the mountains and the freezing wind crept into their very bones.

"The hell with this person? Why does he or she have to live in such inhospitable place?" Kyler shouted to Snow, who was still hovering through the snow like he was just playing. It seems that the three youngster doesn't mind that snow was a totally different race than what they knew. Of course, they know that he might be the same entity as their teachers like Noah, or even the cursed kids like Lamia or Kidd. But the feel around him was totally different. Just for them.

"He is not living, he is still sleeping." Snow sounded sad for the moment, Kyler knew that, but he just couldn't believe that even after sounding sad, he just kept playing in the air. The three didn't talk anymore. Maybe it was to conserve energy, or they just don't want to for some reason.

After hours of walking on the mountain and sometimes climbing up and down, they reached a hollow cave. It was dry, but it was warm on the inside. And at the far end, they can see some sort of illumination. Reighn thought that it might just be a hollow cave dug for shelter here on the mountain.

"He's in there," Snow instructed them to go inside.

"How about you?" Kyler took off his hood and face him directly.

"I'll stay here and protect you guys." And Snow's white hair turned into a night colored darkness as well as the clothes that he was wearing turned into a combination of black armor with white linings as well as white inner clothes. The joints of his body were bare, but looking closely, there are small linings of white thread and was camouflaged with his white skin.

X felt a sensation coming from the direction Snow was facing, and he looked at Kyler. The elf already knew what he was supposed to do and so, he concentrated his sight to where Snow was looking at and he saw few black dots.

"It was a legit threat," He said to X.

"Who are they?" The mutant asked Snow.

"The humans." They already know what was in store for them. "So get your freaking ass inside and meet the person already! Only you shitheads can wake him up." Snow's aura suddenly changed, from being the playful person they saw from the start into someone who has a bad mouth that can surely run.

They took a quick nod from Snow and they ran inside the cave. It was a really different cave from Reighn's thought. As if, she can feel someone alive, or as if the cave was alive and breathing. But nevertheless, they kept on running until they were greeted by a very large crystal bathing with red color on the bottom, yellow on the top and ocean blue in the middle. And inside it, there was a boy with long red hair.

The group stopped running and looked at the boy in awe. They don't know why, but something inside them wants to cry.

"Who is this person?" Reighn asked and he touched the crystal and then, they all felt a beat that filled the cave and their chest. "What was that?" They all felt it. A slow beating, like a heart that suddenly started breathing and pumping again.

"It has quite a reaction from you." X walked at the crystal and he got curious, "What if fear touched this crystal too?" And X puts a hand on the crystal and another set of throbbing was felt inside the cave.

Kyler seems to get the gist of the throbbing after he connected what the Snow guy said earlier. And while Reighn and X still touch the crystal, he too touched it and they all suddenly felt that something was gushing outside of their minds as well as an energy forcing itself towards their skulls.

The pain was unbearable and they shouted out the pain. They wanted to stop it and remove their hands from the crystal but it was as if they the crystal was holding them. They had no choice but to take the pain as well as the numerous information about someone else, or people that they didn't know who were or what is the relation between them. But they just kept shouting until the information slowed down with a scene:

They saw a hand on someone else's face, with blood on it. The person they see seems to be crying and was doing some magic to the body on which the memory belongs.

'"Don't be like that, he's my beloved friend, Tam-tam." And the boy looked at him and held his hands on the face of the body. The body wanted to talk more, but he was interrupted by the boy saying that he has been forgiven.

"I have one last favor." The boy, who was on the verge of crying nodded. "Please take care the survivors. Let them join you." And the boy released a tear when he looked down, nodding. He seems to be hiding his tears. The body on which they are seeing the memory looked at the side, they can hear children crying, and the group saw Kidd and Lamia when they were much younger looking, crying.

"Guys, I know you have a bad image of Tam-tam, but he is my first love, so I know that he will take care of you." But the people the body is looking at was still crying. They all ask him that they will be good, as long as the body doesn't die.

"You know I can't do that, but I get this feeling that we will definitely meet again sometime." And then he looked at the boy again who was holding him with such gentleness.

"Tam-tam. I mean Adrian, I know I said that I loved you and it's true, but I love Erwin more now. Since he isn't here now. Could you please say that I love him so much and it pains me to leave him when we are finally together." They all then felt a sense of loneliness and fear. It was fear of death. "I don't want to die Adrian. I don't want to die. I have so many things I want to do in this life of mine. Please don't let me die."

And the flashback ended. They were all dizzy and could not stand properly after that flashback. They all had cold sweat running down their neck and forehead while catching their breath. As if they had just risen up from the bottom of the ocean for hours.

"Sorry about that." A soft voice boy said somewhere. X alerted himself and saw that the crystal is no longer where it has been, but the glow is still there. But what he saw was a the boy inside the Crystal.

"Who are you? And what are you?"

"I am Alex Tessarossa, And I am like you, A Failed Experiment, and a fragment of memory of War reincarnated from the most powerful summoner this dimension has ever seen."