The Apparition

"Flank them!" A female commander ordered her troops and all of the units on the battlefields of different races ran through the disarrayed human troops down the hill. The number of humans is on a greater scale than those of the demi-humans. But the difference in skill and experience compensate for the smaller number. Blood gushing and spraying out from the horns and fangs of were creatures. And different bodies exploded by the mere touch of the spells of the night folks.

"It's going to be a one side massacre if you ask me." Myrrh who was beside Zeth on the far reach of the hill said while Reighn continued casting different buffing spells for the troops along with some of the great mage in the country.

"No, it's not, as long as we haven't confirmed the white flag it's not going to be a one-sided massacre." Zeth looked to Reighn and commanded. "Change battle tactics to Ravager." And with that short sentence, Reighn's green and purple aura turned black and red, the same goes for the mages at the back of Reighn, and suddenly, more were creatures dashed through the battlefield, tearing through the ranks of the humans, and at the back of the were humans, the dragon folks followed through, killing all remnants from side to side.

The field of green and brown patches turned black from the helmet and mud of the ground and finally, slowly and surely, the ground was drenched with blood and fires with the sweep.

Myrrh was laughing hysterically and pointing out the lowly humans in her sight. "Look at those imbeciles scattered in the area! They are basically dead meat!" She continued laughing at the sight of the diminishing number of humans that the battlefield has.

After a few minutes of the war, and the deafening noises of metals clashing together and explosions going around mixed with cries of angst, agony, and despair, Myrrh felt something in the air. "That's weird, I thought I felt X on the battlefield."

Alarmed, Zeth ordered the tactic in her term called the Rook, and almost all of the troops Retreated on the side of the hill and formed a defensive formation. The humans became cheering when they saw that their enemies are retreating and forming a defensive structure on the battlefield.

But those cheers and laughs were silenced when a force of gravity pulled them down and crushing them on the ground, further increasing the pool of blood in the black patched grassland.

The humans were silent for a while when they just saw that the middle portion of their rank was crushed with an invisible force. Dread replaced the smiles and fear took over in their eyes. Zeth's army was also confused, they knew that most humans and demons would do something like this, but this is utterly insane, it is without warning.

"Gate, you have to keep us out in this place, now." Zeth contacted Gate through a mental link and she felt the affirmation on the other side. Slowly, the rank and file army downhill gets sucked in a space like a vortex that appeared on the ground. And finally, when it was the mages, turn, a new door appeared out on thin air and X, Kyler, Thirdy and Kry appeared when the gate opened on the air.

"We were sent here by Gate to battle the weapon sent by the humans and demons." X notified Myrrh and Zeth, Zeth didn't say a word and when she made sure Reighn passed through the gate, she also left. Leaving Mrryh behind.

"If you are going to battle that one, might as well join in the fun!" Myrrh took off her cloak and revealed a body of a human girl with purple leather wings at the back that was almost transparent violet in color and a well toned figured that could make a man fall to his knees. Myrrh was in her battle suit, showing less skin than the usual battle armor that dragon folks have.

"Alright, this might get easier to deal with." "Kry said and his golden brown wings spread through its reach and upon opening it, a golden aura filled the others giving them a new energy.

"So you are now a Paladin type fighter huh?" Myrrh commented as soon as she felt the new addition of her strength. Kyr looked confused. "You took the test of my great grandfather yes?" Kry nod, "He was a Paladin King before, all about making a great defense, A legacy which still exist in the Kingdom. That is why dragon folks are known for having  unbreakable barriers both physical and magical." Myrrh wanted to continue explaining, but the sensation before has returned and the humans below are scouring and running in different directions.

"Shit, I forgot about that entity." Myrrh cursed in the air, and also spread her wings around. The other boys also suited themselves up for their stances and ready to run down the hill.

"Remember, we don't need to finish off whoever or whatever the one who controls the gravity, we just need to discover the source and learn what we can so that we can make a tactic over it." Myrrh conditioned the minds of the young boys for a strategy. And with that, X, Myrrh, and Kry flew towards the humans and started throwing spells around the humans too. While on the other hand, Kyler and Thirdy began running down the path created by the first battalion, shooting bullets and arrows at their enemies, trying to kill most of what they can.

Thirdy noticed something first, in his vision, there was a young-looking figure standing in a pool of blood and smiling hysterically. It was just lined, but the field of his visions was fussy, there was this mist like figure emanating from him. Just like, X, but a little more sinister and unseen.

"Careful guys, this one is dangerous." Thirdy communicated via telepathy and sent them the image of the kid he was in his vision.

"He feels, just like me." X, his mental voice, looks passive, but it was agonizing in anger. As X rides the wind, he is trying to look for the figure that Thirdy is seeing. But the piles of crushed bodies of humans and metals just makes the field harder to look at and the negative emotions  from the dead humans are blocking X's extra vision too. "But I can't see him."

"Me neither, I can feel the presence, but I can't see him," Myrrh responded while breathing blue fires around the humans who engaged him. "But these pesky humans are also in the way." And with one last breath, Myrrh turned herself into a huge dragon with purple leather wings that shines through the field. Her crystal like scales illuminated the charcoals of the war below.

Kry looked at the Dragon Queen with astonishment and amazement that he was nearly stabbed by a sword in the chest through the back, if not only by the last second flick of his golden wings that threw the human soldier meters away from him and knocking it unconscious.

"Careful young one, these humans have tenacity too," Myrrh commented on the scene towards Kry who just bowed down with respect, which made Myrrh respect the young dragon boy. And she flew towards the area where the kid was found.

"Careful my Queen," Thirdy cautiously talked to Myrrh who also slowed her flight as she landed down on the hill of corpses, whose blood is still fresh and no decaying of meat occurs yet. "The kid is already staring at you." Thirdy sent the images to the queen of dragons which made her flew some meters away.

Everyone was shocked.

"Thirdy, can you see the kid?" Myrrh commented with great caution on which Thirdy affirmed. Everyone realized that only Thirdy who has a special eye can see the apparition on the battlefield. And only he can battle the figure he sees which Thirdy also understood. But, he is questioning himself, can he do it alone?