Summoner's Memory

It was dead silent that night and only the soft hum and the muffled shout of steam can be heard. No cat's paw can be heard on the roof or even the cricket's mating call to buzz around. It was all dry, even the throat of the people inside the abandoned building who's ready for an attack.

Despite the silence of the night, they can still hear breathing. Irregular and tense breathing on the people outside. Those people prepared to die just to capture the young kids that are trapped inside the house. Like a butterfly that got caught in a net.

A man rather stubby appeared out of the lining of soldiers that was wearing brownish leather pads outfitted with silver armors that cover almost the entire body except the head that was totally visible. Different faces ready to face death at any moment.

The stubby man shouted in front of the house with a megaphone in his hand, "Just bring us the girl you kidnapped from us and we will leave you and your fairy friend alone." The man spent no time on what he wants. He didn't even went the trouble to introduce himself.

He lowered down his megaphone and then looked back to his men, "Burn them if they don't appear after thirty minutes."

"But sir!" The soldier protested.

"It's ok. I can handle a little friction from this heathen town." The stubby man told the soldier and snickered back to the front line.

Inside the house, Rafaeil and Thirdy looked at Kry with questions, but the boy didn't bother to look at them or even make an eye contact even though he know that there are questions floating around the group. "They're not going to have a negotiation." He just simply said and he summoned up his sword and his black wings grew wide after he reaches a safe distance from the group.

AmLorr also changed back to his usual size and the room brightened up a little. She turned to Hope and put up her cloaks up. "You stay here ok?" Ans with that AmLorr followed Kry on the door. Thirdy got an image of how AmLorr grew matured even if a little with the help of Rafaeil's eyes.

Thirdy stepped up, "Let us help, we are also on the run after some time."

"But you're blind," Kry said coldly.

"I can support the fight." Thirdy insisted.

"This group already have wide skills of support." After looking at AmLorr, but the fairy looked a little uneasy.

"But I can still see." Thirdy's voice began shaking. The fear of being unable to fight is flooding both him and Rafaeil, but the were-cat is already prepared to such circumstances. Rafaeil knew that Thirdy could take at least three people while using his senses, but with a battalion in front of them, it is very unlikely for him to survive the attack. And he will be an easy prey because of his silver hair that shines like the moon when lightened by a burning torch.

Thirdy kept on insisting that he could fight and he wouldn't be a burden. Because even if there are three ancient race at the fight, they can still be outnumbered. Thirdy have a point that on a decisive fight like this, this tactical number can't be positive for them.

"In a fight like this, if there are twenty of those men outside, your chance of survival will be ten percent!" He paused and think a little. While pausing Rafaeil remembered something that there is an exceptional talent that Thirdy has. It is that he can assess everything with just a little information.

"Tactician." Thirdy blurted out and it caught Kry and AmLorr's attention.

"What did you said?" Kry inquired and went to the were-boy and he looked at him seriously. Rafaeil tried to move away but his back met the wooden wall and even before he can sidestep, Kry moved both of his hand to the escape path of Rafaeil, towering him.