Prolouge

I dropped the planks of wood on the floor and ran to the window. I grabbed my moms old helmet on the way there and gazed out the window. I grasped onto it like a teddy bear and began to watch the sun go down. The sunset was so beautiful to watch. You could see all of the vibrant colors slowly fade into cool and calming colors that help you fall asleep. This was something my mom loved doing as a kid.

It's been 7 years since my mother Eartha died. I'm 16 so I have a very vivid memory of her. She was a very sweet lady who was so generous to others.

Her bright blue eyes described her personality and her auburn wavy hair represented her beauty.

My mother was killed by a rare sickness and we didn't have the right medicine to heal her. But she always had a smile on her face even while fighting the sickness. Her smile was like a tattoo-always there and never able to fade away.

My mom was there to help me all the time. She would always brush my bangs out of my face so she could see my eyes. They're indigo and they're different from other eyes. My mother made me look at the world in a different way yet I've always grown up to be shy and awkward. She never wanted me to be shy, she wanted me to see the world. I wish she was here.

Luckily, I have my dad, Axel. He's really close to me. Looking at him you might be scared and run off, but believe me, he is a loyal companion. He is very helpful and since I'm so clumsy and shy, I need a lot of support. He always has my back and if I'm dropping something, he will always be there to catch it.

But yet he helps me in ways that are different than my mom. His way is more aggressive and stern while my mom's methods are more gentle.

My dad is very tall so that's helpful when I struggle. He is also kinda big, I hate the word fat but he is bigger than other Vikings. He has a long brown beard tied into a ponytail and a head full of hair covered by a Viking hat. He sounds and looks a little intimidating but he is a man full of trust and he will never let you down. And if you take one look in his sparkly green eyes, you will instantly feel safe around him.

He's also very helpful to our village called Odin. He helps out so much that he will probably be crowned Chief pretty soon.

Anyway, when the sun began to disappear, I turned around to pick up the planks. But before I could face my back to the window, I could've sworn I saw a dragon. But when I looked back at the window, there was nothing there.

We don't have dragons here but I've heard about Berk and a little bit about their history. It's not very famous out here but we know a few pieces of the story.

I couldn't point out what species of dragon it was anyway, so I tried to ignore it. I placed my mom's helmet back onto the small table. Then I picked up the wooden planks and brought them outside to my father.