Chapter 10

I opened my eyes abruptly and looked around. It took me a second to realize where I was. But when I saw Astrid, I instantly remembered. To my surprise, my vision wasn't blurry and the sun hadn't risen. We were still under a blanket of stars.

I took another glance at Astrid. Her eyes were still closed and she was sound asleep. Her right hand was resting on Stormfly while her other hand was buried in the grass.

I sat up, squeezed my eyes shut and stretched. I stretch in the weirdest positions.

When my body was wide awake, I opened my eyes. There was a night terror nibbling on my boot. I tugged my foot back and the night terror looked at me in shock.

"So that's why I woke up." I mumbled to myself. I went on my knees and leaned towards the night terror. She threatened to run. "Hey it's ok. It's ok. I won't hurt you." I whispered, slowly reaching my hand out.

The night terror looked at me with gentle eyes. She came towards me and laid down against my leg. She was curled up in a donut shape and that's where I began to study her.

She was clearly a female and she wasn't a black night terror, like the others. Well, besides Smidvarg. She was an dark indigo color with light violet strips.

"Wow. Your different." I said petting her. She rolled onto her back and moved her feet around in all directions. Then looked at me. She had electric green eyes that were big and shiny. I used my nails and softly rubbed her belly. She made adorable little noises.

"Aww you're so cute." I whispered. She rolled back over and stood up. She turned to face me and she was in a ready to play position. "I'm gonna have to name you first." I told the night terror. She flapped her wings in excitement and then sat down.

"Hmmm. Lilly?" I said. The night terror made a weird noise. It was an odd growl. "Okay no. What about, Moon...walk...er?" I asked. She made the same noise. "Tara? Cutie? Nightblast? Nighty? Lightning?" I kept asking. She made the same noise for every name. My mind went blank. I tried looking around to see if an object would help me think of a name.

I looked up at the sky and gazed at the stars. That's when a name came in mind. "Star...sign? Light? Starlight?" I asked. The night terror flapped her wings and flew into the air. She did twists and turns making cute little noises.

"Okay, okay. Starlight it is." I said standing up. I grabbed onto her and looked at her into the eyes. I smiled at and then grasped on to her. Starlight didn't mind. I cradled her into my arms and began to walk around.

I walked over to the clubhouse. I let go of Starlight and she flew beside me. I tiptoed upstairs and into the Clubhouse. I began to examine the room. Hiccup and Toothless were asleep in the center of the Clubhouse. Hiccup had the Dragon Eye in his hand. They must've fallen asleep while working.

In silence, I walked past them and into the corner. I picked up the Book of Dragons and turned around. Hiccup and Toothless were still asleep, snoring softly. I quietly walked past them and sauntered down the stairs. Starlight was trailing behind me.

I began to walk to the edge of the cliff, where I first started writing the Book of Dragons. I sat cris cross right on the edge and flipped through the pages of the Book of Dragons.

So far so good. Nothing was smeared and it looked super good. I kept turning pages until I reached the back of the book. I ripped out the last page and held it in my right hand. Then I flipped back to the Scaldron page.

I took out the writing tool that was left on that page and waited for the sun to rise. Fortunately the sun began to rise as soon as I was prepared to draw.