Chapter 11

I walked inside the Dome and took a look around. It was a pretty tight space and it was completely empty.

"Ok, let's get started." Fishlegs said. "Wait!" Astrid yelled. Her and Stormfly came swooping down. Stormfly landed roughly on the ground and Astrid jumped off of Stormfly and came sprinting towards us. "I'm here to help." Astrid said breathing deeply.

"Good." Fishlegs said. "Is the rest of the gang coming?" Hiccup asked. Astrid shrugged and the same time the twins came near the Dome. Barf and Belch landed right by the entryway and the twins came marching in.

"We're here!" Ruffnut said. "Tuffnut and Ruffnut, present." Tuffnut said stepping into the dome. "I can see that. Where's Snotlout?" Hiccup asked. "I'm right here." Snotlout moaned.

He came slouching into the Dome. You could tell by his entry that he wasn't pleased to be here. "Why are you so down?" Astrid asked. "Me? Down? Whaatttt? No. I'm fine." Snotlout said standing up tall. He adjusted his vest, pursed his lips and put on a serious face. Astrid arched an eyebrow but didn't bother asking about his problems. Snotlout was still clearly upset, but he didn't say a word about our argument.

"Ok I know just what to start with. Let's start with battle. You know, while flying." Astrid suggested. "Good idea. Hadley, we're gonna show you how to fight while riding Windspike. That goes for Windspike too, she'll be working on her aim and firepower." Hiccup said. I nodded my head and we got straight to work.

It took us a long time to get things figured out, this day of training was a lot more difficult that yesterday's. I messed up so badly that I needed everyone to help demonstrate multiple times. They would ride their dragons showing me what to do. I needed so much help because I'm so stupid that not even 5 people could demonstrate anything in a way that I understood. It was super embarrassing. I had no success until at least the twelfth time.

"Ok now let's practice throwing. But you need to be careful when in the air. Do your basic up command but practice throwing your axe while Windspike flies." Astrid instructed.

I was still super lost. What Astrid was trying to make me do and is practice throwing my axe while Windspike is flying at a fast speed. That way when there's a battle on land, I can throw my axe and someone or something to get it out of the way.

When my mind could finally wrap around the plan, I stepped outside of the Dome with Windspike beside me.

"She's never gonna get the hang of this." Snotlout whispered to Hiccup. "Yes she will." He whispered back, his teeth gritting. "But she's messed up all day, what makes you think she's gonna get better?" Snotlout moaned quietly. "No ones perfect at dragon riding and she will get better just give her some time." Hiccup whispered. "What if she gets hurt?" Astrid asked softly. "She won't." Hiccup whispered. "Are you sure?" Ruffnut asked quietly. "Well, nope." Hiccup whispered. "She's gonna mess up." Tuffnut whispered. "Well let's wait and find out." Hiccup replied quietly.

Obviously they were fed up with me failing. Maybe more than I was. They didn't think I heard their conversation, but I did. Every word. Of course I was a little offended, but I was so drowned in humiliation and fear that I didn't even bother to think about that.

I climbed onto Windspike and she lifted into the air and we went traveling around the Dome. Hiccup and Astrid hopped onto their dragons and followed me as Windspike flew around the Dome.

"Ok Hadley now just pick a target, and throw!" Hiccup shouted.

My palms were sweaty and I could feel my heart beat pounding faster. I already knew I was gonna mess up. The wind was blowing hard on my face making it very hard to see and hear. I could barely even lift my axe without it flying out of my hand. But I aimed for a leftover bucket. I had a perfect shot and was prepared to throw my axe.